Full Version: Open form in specific location on screen
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Nwulf
Is there a way to open up a form that place the form in a specific location?
would like to the top left hand corner of a form in open up in a specific locations.
Thanks.
Nick
Larry Larsen
Hi
Check out the MoveSize() function.
eg:
Access help file:
MoveSize Method Example
The following example moves the active window and changes its height, but leaves its width unchanged:
DoCmd.MoveSize 1440, 2400, , 2000
thumbup.gif
Nwulf
Thanks Larry. That will do it frown.gif
ick
Larry Larsen
Hi Nick
Your welcome..
thumbup.gif
Nwulf
Quick question...

In order for this to work, do I have to make sure that the form is in "windowed" form in design view when I close it? Seems that if it is maximized (obviously easier to design form) and I close it, when I open the form back up, the docmd.resize doesn't work. But, if I have the form windowed when closed and then open it in form view, it will work.

I think that if this is the case, there probably will be a good chance that I will forget to make it windowed and when deploying, it will be full screen.

Your thoughts?

** UPDATED **
I guess if I set the form property to popup, it will work fine. Do you think that this will cause be troubles in the future if I set it as popup?

Thanks again!

Nick
Edited by: Nwulf on Fri Apr 15 11:57:04 EDT 2005.
Larry Larsen
Hi Nick
Yes popup is the option to have better control over the form, as to "down the road" it will depend on the format of your application when start to roll it out, mde's an be very grueling in their attitude.
Check out this other link that may also give you some details/information.
Window Manipulation Examples <
HTH's
thumbup.gif
Nwulf
Thanks for the help and the link.
ick
Tidepooler
Related to this...
..is there a way for me to get my forms to open in "maximized" format? Sort of the opposite problem that Cookie Monster Nick was having...
Nwulf
docmd.maximize ???
ick
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.