here at work I have a laptop running under Windows XP, including SP 2, and an install of Office 2000. The problem here is that Access suffers from an error of which I haven't been able to locate the source (that's why I've come here). Whenever I try to open a database, Access 2000 will start and display the tables present in the database, but when I try to open one of these databases, Access either shuts down immediately, without displaying any error message, or shows only a single entry cell from the table (not even a complete record), regardless of the size of the table.
What I've been trying to do so far:
- Reinstall Office 2000 (didn't help)
- Format harddisk and reinstall Windows XP and Office 2000 (didn't help)
- Due to licenses here at work, switching either to another version of Office or another version of Windows is undesirable.
- Other Office applications seem to work well.
- Another PC using the same setup (Win XP, Office 2000, configured using the same setup CDs as far as I can remember) does NOT have this problem.
Can anybody here assist me in this? Your help is very much appreciated.