Full Version: E-mailing multiple excel files problem
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Office > Microsoft Excel
idisc
Hope someone can help. I am e-mailing multiple excel files on my PC, to multiple recipients using VBA, with no problem. When I try the same thing on another PC transmission stops at each file and I get a security message that asks me whether I would like to send the file.

I'm guessing I need to change an outlook parameter, somewhere in Tools-Options-Security. Would appreciate ideas on what is causing the popup screen to appear after sending out each file. Thanks.
ChrisLeClark
Hi
Perhaps this post will help.

hth
Chris
idisc
Thanks Chris, I had already seen the post. Since all PC's have the same operating system and same Office applications loaded, I can't identify why I can send all e-mail without the popup screen appearing and other users get the popup screen. Unfortunately I am not allowed to use the addin. Thanks.
ChrisLeClark
Hi
Ok, the only explanation that springs to my mind is that some of the PCs Office apps may have software updates and others not.

Hope you find a solution.

Chris
idisc
Thanks Chris, If I do figure this one out I will post a new thread.
idisc
I have identified a difference in Outlook settings between my PC and the other PC that is being used to send excel files. In the attachment there is a "Attachment Security" button that I can see but my colleague cannot. Does anyone know how I can get the "Attachment Security" button to show up. Thanks.
ChrisLeClark
Hi
What version of Office are you using?

Chris
ChrisLeClark
Hi again
There is an interesting statement in the paragraph 'Availability and Set up' in this article.

It mentions the problem of the missing security button so it might apply in your case.

Chris
idisc
Thanks Chris, I will read the article and see whether it will give me a brainstorm. Regards.
ChrisLeClark
You're welcome,

Good luck

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.