UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mso.dll Issue And Runtime, Access 2007    

kjg48359
post Jan 24 2013, 10:57 AM
Post#1

Hi,
I have created a run time db (FE & BE) that behaves differently if a user only has the run time for 2007 installed.
If they have the full version of Access, there have been no issues.
However if running under the run-time, they get a missing MSO.DLL file message and the application closes down.
Olooked an on my machine, the actual location of the MSO.DLL is different, but I'm wondering if it might have more do to with version. I have Office 2007 installed, but Visio 2010 installed. I noticed that there is a version 12.0 and a version 14.0 of the MSO.DLL in the path: ...\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\office12 and office14.
When checking the references in the VBA editor, I see that "Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Lib" is active.
I was thinking that if I could just point to version 12.0 object lib, that the situation would be fixed. But the reference isn't available. Did the newer Visio install replace the reference?
Can I somehow reset the references to point to the older version?
I guess if not, then I would have to recode the application to call windows file dialog in a more native mode, rather than use the Office VBA library...
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post Jan 24 2013, 11:25 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

welcome2UA.gif
See whether what Allen Browne has at Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista or Windows 7 helps.

kjg48359
post Jan 24 2013, 05:22 PM
Post#3

Thanks Doug. I appreciate it, not 100% the issue but it got me thinking.
The fix was go go into references, and "unclick" the Microsoft Office 14.0 object (that version of MSO.DLL). Then using "browse" I located the MSO.DLL from the shared library for version 12.0 (which is office 2007). I don't know how much of a difference this makes, but we're running the 32bit version of office on a mix of winXP and win7 machines.
The newer DLL must have been installed because I have Visio 2010, but the rest of my office apps are 2007.
Those paths were under:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12\MSO.DLL"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE14\MSO.DLL"
and they were triggered by referencing the Office.FileDialog object.
Part of the problem is that I reviewed those references the first time, I only saw the 14.0 version; I had to do the extra step to unreference that version and browse and find the older version.
But I definitely do appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks again.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th February 2018 - 08:39 PM