UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Search For Text, A2000+, Any Version    

datAdrenaline
post Aug 15 2012, 06:36 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess Editor

First note: This application is for A2000 and up, I selected 'All Versions' because of the wide audience the utility can apply to. I have down converted to A97 with success, if you have that need, please let me know. In the mean time, I do have an earlier version of the utility (found here), that has an A97 compatible file available.
--
This is a utility that I use to find objects in my application that contain a string pattern you specify. This is useful when you want to change a field name in a table, but you need to find out where you have used it first to see if it is worth changing the name or not. This utility is also good for determining if you can delete some old queries or tables you suspect you are not using any more, just type in the name of that query/table, select the object types you wish to search, then 'Search' the utility will point you to all occurrences of that string.
When searching Query, Form, and Report object types, you have to option to edit and save the property in which the string pattern was found. That feature is very helpful when you change the name of a Table or Query object or name of a Field in a Table object.
Osearch Queries, Forms, Reports, Tables, Modules, Macros, and Command Bars (code for command bars was not originated by me). The code behind Forms and Reports is also searched.
I realize that with A2000 and up has the 'Name AutoCorrect' feature, however, I personally do not use that feature for reasons mentioned on UtterAccess and elsewhere on the web. This utility may not be perfect either, but it sure has been a lifesaver for me. I hope you find it useful as well.
The Zip file contains and MDB file in Access 2000 format. To use this utility just extract the MDB from the Zip file, then import the xdlgSearchForText_v42 Form object into your database application. All the code needed is behind the form. A reference to the DAO object library is expected (a check for that library is done on Form_Open).
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Attached File  SearchForText.jpg ( 62.41K )Number of downloads: 177

Attached File(s)
Attached File  SearchForText_v42.zip ( 71.03K )Number of downloads: 869

Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 03:41 AM