UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strange Behaviour, Access 2016    

DaveH
post Jun 1 2020, 08:22 AM
Post#1

Strange Behaviour.

I’ve changed the application icon and applied it also to all Forms and Reports and it works perfectly under Windows 7, however in Windows 10 the app icon in the task bar is the Access default, ditto for all Forms but the Reports do display the correct icon. As a test I added the following lines of code to see if it made any difference: -

CurrentDb.Properties(“AppIcon”) = FrontEndPath & “\Icons\HomeContents.ico”
CurrentDb.Properties(“UseAppIconForRrmRpt”) = True
Application.RefreshTitleBar

This made no difference at all.

The application icon in the options > Current Database > Application Options is also set to this icon along with “Use as Form and Report Icon”.

What I can’t get my head around is why the icon displays correctly on all reports yet is missing everywhere else.

Edit
After writing the above I found the solution to the missing app icon in Windows 10 it is: -

TaskBarSettings > Combine Taskbar Buttons > “Never”, however this did not solve the icon on all forms being missing and why has this only cropped up as an issue in the last week?

My current Windows version is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.264].

My Access version is 16 (MSI) install.
Go to the top of the page

FrankRuperto
post Jun 1 2020, 12:40 PM
Post#2

My general theory and attitude is that Windows 10 has a lot of bugs and a long way to go before its stable like Windows 7. We made the decision back in October 2012 to freeze on Windows 7 with Office 2010 Pro SP2 perpetual license and it was well worth it. We have not encountered any issues with this winning combo.

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

June7
post Jun 1 2020, 02:23 PM
Post#3

I have Access 2010 and Windows 10. Icon works for me.

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    3rd August 2020 - 04:02 AM