UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Executable Code Access, Access 2016    

JAchord
post Jul 22 2019, 12:05 PM
Post#1

I have a front end that I have saved as an executable but I can still get to the code from the ribbon. I thought making it executable restricted code access and making new queries, forms, and tables. What can I do to keep this from happening?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jul 22 2019, 12:10 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. How exactly did you make it "executable?" If you're talking about compiling it to a ACCDE, then it only protects form and report designs and your VBA code. ACCDE files still allow changes to table designs, queries, and macros.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

JAchord
post Jul 22 2019, 01:15 PM
Post#3

Yes I save it as ACCDE. I guess I need make a custom ribbon to get rid of the rest. I already have the data pane hidden and the ribbon as hidden but anyone with any access experience can get around those measures. I guess i really need to start studying on moving away from access for any true security.

theDBguy
post Jul 22 2019, 01:20 PM
Post#4

Hi. Depending on what you're trying to protect. If you don't want anyone to modify your form and report designs and your VBA code, compiling to ACCDE should be fine. If you don't want anyone to change your table structure, then moving them out of Access and into SQL Server, for example, would be required. If you don't want them to create queries or macros, then you definitely need to avoid using Access. However, anyone who can connect to your data using their own copy of an Access database, will also be able to create their own queries and macros, and also everything else, like their own forms, reports, and VBA code.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

JAchord
post Jul 22 2019, 03:14 PM
Post#5

I am mainly worried about people that know just enough to be dangerous. Thanks for the help.

theDBguy
post Jul 22 2019, 03:17 PM
Post#6

Hi. As long as you understand the limitations of using Access and your expectations do not exceed them, you can continue using Access. Otherwise, you'll know when it's time to move on to something more appropriate. Good luck with your project.

--------------------

isladogs
post Jul 22 2019, 03:44 PM
Post#7

UtterAccess VIP

You might find these articles useful: Improve Security in Access Databases

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th October 2019 - 11:11 AM