UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> On Button Press Display List Box, Access 2016    

chalupabatman
post Feb 27 2020, 10:56 AM
Post#1

Hello on a button press event on a user form I want to display a list box that gives the user the option to select 7 Days, 30 Days, All - and based off the selection pass that to the where clause of a query that is being built by the vba.

How can I have a message box display that has the pre-set inputs and capture the inputs thought vba?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Feb 27 2020, 11:15 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. You could use a popup form to offer the choices to the user.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

chalupabatman
post Feb 27 2020, 12:47 PM
Post#3

If I follow you, when the user presses the button, have a second form open with a list box that has the options, right?

If that is the case, how would I "capture" what selection was made from the list box and pass it to the VBA to use in the WHERE clause of my SQL?

chalupabatman
post Feb 27 2020, 01:23 PM
Post#4

okay, i was overcomplicating it.

From parentform - in the button click event i'd add code to display the sub-form
From subform - in the button click event THERE i'd add the code to capture the value from the listbox and build the query and export the query results to excel

My last question tho is how do I use vba to capture the value of a listbox on my form?

theDBguy
post Feb 27 2020, 01:31 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

Hi. For a multi select listbox, it gets a little tricky. If it's a single select listbox, the value of the listbox is the same as the one item selected. But for a multi select listbox, the value of the listbox is always null. So, to get al the selections, you'll have to loop through the ItemsSelected collection. I can't post any sample code right now because I'm on my phone, but you could search for it and see a lot of examples. Good luck.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

chalupabatman
post Feb 27 2020, 01:35 PM
Post#6

Thanks for the tip. It is set to be a single select list box (Or at least I think I set it as that) -

This is the code I have which seems to be working. Do you see any flaws with this code?

CODE
    Dim selValue As String

selValue = Me.lstbxRange.Column(0)

Larry Larsen
post Feb 27 2020, 01:47 PM
Post#7

UA Editor + Utterly Certified

Hi
PMFJI...

This UA example/Demo should scale up and work, by JD..

Link:Creating a Query that uses a Multi-select Listbox as Criteria.

HTH's

--------------------
"Time...We have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein"
H. Jackson Brown

chalupabatman
post Feb 27 2020, 02:35 PM
Post#8

perfect. Thanks for the help all.

theDBguy
post Feb 27 2020, 02:41 PM
Post#9

UA Moderator

Hi. You're welcome. Larry and I were happy to assist. Good luck with your project.

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    8th April 2020 - 04:47 PM