UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Textbox Empty, Skip Page, Access 2013    

phisaw
post Mar 25 2020, 02:28 PM
Post#1

Hi All,

I have a multi-page report with only one textbox and label on the second page, that doesn't show if the textbox is empty, but the page still prints.

Is it possible that if the textbox is empty, the page will not print?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pam
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Mar 25 2020, 02:43 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi Pam. How are you paginating your report? Are you using a Page Break?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

phisaw
post Mar 25 2020, 03:08 PM
Post#3

Hi DBGuy,

Thanks for replying. My report is for our quotes. The first page has job info, with subreports for labor and parts. There is a textbox for quote notes, that may or may not have text. If there isn't any text to show, the textbox and label are set to not visible.

Depending on the length of the subreports (line items for labor and parts), the label for the notes would print on the first page and the note itself would print on the second. So, I inserted a page break, then the textbox and label for notes, and then another page break for additional pages that don't change in size or format.

So now, if there aren't any notes, the textbox and label don't appear, but I still get a blank page.

I hope this makes sense.
Thanks,
Pam

theDBguy
post Mar 25 2020, 04:31 PM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Hi Pam. If you're saying you are using page breaks, then try setting them as Visible = False also when you hide the textbox and labels. Just a thought...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

phisaw
post Mar 26 2020, 12:14 PM
Post#5

Hi DBGuy,

That was so simple and easy! Thank you so much!!!!

One other thing, will you please tell me how to stop text boxes from being split at the bottom of the page - the top of the box and label are on the first page and the bottom half on the next page?

Again, thank you.
I appreciate your help.
Pam

theDBguy
post Mar 26 2020, 12:45 PM
Post#6

UA Moderator

Hi Pam. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. You may have to show us an image of what you mean. Have you tried any of the "keep together" settings to see if that helps?

--------------------

phisaw
post Mar 26 2020, 02:31 PM
Post#7

Hi DBGuy,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, Keep Together does work when one chooses the correct group footer to keep together!!
It seems to be working properly now - not too may pages or too much space and text boxes and labels are not printing separately.

Thanks again for your time and help.
You've helped me many times with my own posts, as well as others found while searching.
Always appreciated!!
Pam

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th May 2020 - 08:26 PM