UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coal Inventory Database, Access 2016    

haxan786
post Nov 20 2019, 01:19 AM
Post#1

I am willing to design Coal Inventory Management but still not sure how to start?

What I have?

1- Trucks coming to plant via automatic weighbridge - Data is downloadable in excel table.
How to integrate this data in MS Access ? Giving access to table to copy excel tables is not secure.

2- Sampling Carried out from random trucks.

3- Stacker Re-claimer Data.
Total Coal Stacked in Coal Yard and Reclaimed for used in Plant. [Stacked - Reclaimed] = Total Inventory ( Dead Stock + Running Stock )
Coal Area has 2 yards where Coal is stacked and can be reclaim with FIFO Method - ( First In First Out )

4- Query to be synced with another Access Database for report generating.

I am beginner but manage to design plant Database now I am starting this one and have no idea with Inventory management of solid materials. Anyone have sample or help me with Database structure.
Go to the top of the page

kfield7
post Nov 20 2019, 08:19 AM
Post#2

1- Trucks coming to plant via automatic weighbridge - Data is downloadable in excel table.
How to integrate this data in MS Access ? Giving access to table to copy excel tables is not secure.

What do you mean by "not secure"? What are the security issues? Where does the original data reside? Can you acces it directly? Or, can you download to a folder protected by the network? You'd probably want to have the Access backend in that folder as well, if this data needs to be secure.

2- Sampling Carried out from random trucks.

I would have at least these tables, you can envision what fields need to be included.
* Sampling events
* Analytical procedures list
* Laboratories list
* Persons list (who would take the samples) (do you need to record the sampler's job position? If so, another table to list Job Positions)
* Parameters list (analytes, sample conditions)
* Results
* Limits (what the results must meet)

3- Stacker Re-claimer Data.
Total Coal Stacked in Coal Yard and Reclaimed for used in Plant. [Stacked - Reclaimed] = Total Inventory ( Dead Stock + Running Stock )
Coal Area has 2 yards where Coal is stacked and can be reclaim with FIFO Method - ( First In First Out )

I would start with these tables:
* Coal Yards
* Coal transactions (per yard, records in, out, reconciliations) (the "initial" transaction might be the current inventory)
* Transaction types (e.g., delivery, reclaim, etc.)
* Coal type (or coal source). Usually not good to assume it's all from the same mine.

4- Query to be synced with another Access Database for report generating.
You might store the location of the external database in a local variables table.

Often, especially with event or transaction tables, it's a good idea to include a comments field.
This post has been edited by kfield7: Nov 20 2019, 08:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2019 - 01:03 AM