UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Water Read Sheets, Any Version    

Kruzer
post Feb 17 2020, 02:28 PM
Post#1

Version = Office 365

At the beginning of each month a water read sheet is generated for staff to read meters on various properties we manage. The current manager would like to have one sheet to manage all the readings and be able to print one sheet for each property for staff to record new readings. I am trying to come up with a simple way to do this.

1) Is it possible to create a custom filter that is part of the sheet used for headings/titles? I know the excel filter function would work but then the property name would have to be manually typed in or selected from drop-down list for the sheet heading/title section. I have been able to create a drop-down list with unique values but need to be able to set this drop-down list as the filter criteria as well. The property column is not included within the print area.

2) Is it possible to make a column visible based on a selection? For example, we show the previous month's readings to the left of the column where the staff write in the current readings, e.g. Dec 2019 to left of column for current reading being obtained for Jan 2020.

Attached File  Water_Read_Sheets___All_Properties___Blank___working_copy_example___jmc.zip ( 24.81K )Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
Cheers,
Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Feb 17 2020, 08:32 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: The way your example is structured, and the way you described the operation/requirement, seems more like an Access application rather than Excel. Have you thought about using Access for this instead? Just curious ...

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Kruzer
post Feb 18 2020, 07:58 PM
Post#3

I have and it would be my preference. The data from these sheets will be inputted into other property spreadsheets with calculations, etc. specific to that property. I may suggest going with Access. I'll post if I need more assistance or if I can come up with another way to handle this.

Thank you.

--------------------
Cheers,

RJD
post Feb 18 2020, 08:09 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

thumbup.gif

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    3rd April 2020 - 02:00 AM