UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scheduling Db - Access To Sharepoint - Recurrences, SharePoint Server 2010    

CCSlice
post Apr 29 2019, 08:54 AM
Post#1

Hi UA Nation!

Currently the project I am working on is an Access Db that will manage trainers schedules and show their workshops (for the week, month, etc.). Does anyone know to which fields does the recurrence type appointment map to in SharePoint? When I link to the existing SharePoint list the only field that I see is the "Recurrence" Yes/No. But what about the Pattern, Date Range, and number of occurrences fields?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 29 2019, 09:16 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Can you help me understand what's going on?

Did you create the SharePoint list(s)? Did you create the "Recurrence" field in that SharePoint List? How about the other fields? Are they fields you created, or are they some of the built-in fields in a SharePoint list?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

CCSlice
post Apr 29 2019, 11:13 AM
Post#3

Hi GPG,

Yes the SharePoint lists have been created. This question is about building an Access form that will update the calendar items in SharePoint. I know that SharePoint has all of these features built-in; however, the project is a means to schedule and control workshops and other calendar entries in a central point and other behaviours that I do not want to bore you or the rest of UA Nation!

I am just to replicate the same functionality of adding recurrent type appointments without having that awful single visual block for the time period.

With my MS Access form, I cannot update the Recurrence field in the SharePoint list and as a result, I get that single bar for a Vacation entry rather than daily block for the Vacation. (see attachment)

Thanks,
Slice
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SharePoint_Calendar.jpg ( 26.3K )Number of downloads: 6

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 29 2019, 11:36 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Okay, so this is a Calendering list on SharePoint?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
Beginning SQL Server

CCSlice
post May 1 2019, 08:45 AM
Post#5

GPG,
My apologies for the delay in responding to your question. I am truly honoured to have your help.

It is a calendar list in SharePoint that I am working with. The idea is to create an Access application that would schedule trainer workshops and also in another SharePoint calendar list have the training facilities (times, rooms, etc.) also booked.

At this point I am trying to create times in a trainer's schedule in which they would be on vacation, or require days blocked out as to not schedule them to deliver training. As the jpeg shows, I can block the period but it's one continual line which is not esthethically pleasing in comparison to the old calendar that had the period with the delineation of days.

What I am really trying to find out GPG is how and if this can be done? I have looked at the Event content types and didn't find any columns that will help me to schedule recurring entries. I am hopeful that yourself or the UA community can help me find a way to do this in Access.

Thanks
CCS

GroverParkGeorge
post May 1 2019, 08:54 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

Well, to be honest, this is an area in which I have limited experience. Particularly since you are linking to a Calendar list, not a user defined list that might function similar to the way a true table would work. I think that's why you're seeing differences between the SharePoint experience and the Access experience.

I know that theDBGuy has a lot more experience with SharePoint. Perhaps he can step in to help.

In my experience, user created lists in SP can work pretty well, subject to performance limits. But that's a different thing.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

CCSlice
post May 1 2019, 09:19 AM
Post#7

Thanks GPG. I now know that this is a super challenge. I am open to any suggestions right now.

CCS

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2019 - 08:30 AM