UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
 
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Not Find Matches On A Lookup, Office 2013    
 
   
petite39
post Oct 17 2019, 11:46 AM
Post#1



Posts: 1,220
Joined: 7-April 04



I have an intermintent problem with my vlookup.

I had the 2 columns set to General, then I tried setting them to number, then I tried setting them to text.

Some of the cells that I'm trying to look for the match in the other column can be a combination of letters and numbers and include spaces.

Sometimes it find the match and other times it doesn't and I and I clearly see that the # is in both columns. I'm at my wits end. I've got over 4,000 of these part #'s and I don't know what else to try.
Go to the top of the page
 
arnelgp
post Oct 17 2019, 12:21 PM
Post#2



Posts: 1,510
Joined: 2-April 09
From: somewhere out there...


can you show us some sample data from the workbook.
maybe you can use Wildcard Vlookup: https://excelchamps.com/blog/wildcards-with-vlookup/
This post has been edited by arnelgp: Oct 17 2019, 12:28 PM

--------------------
Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
Go to the top of the page
 


Custom Search


RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th November 2019 - 02:59 AM