UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Printing Text At Top Of 2nd Column Only, Access 2016    

baffled100
post Aug 8 2019, 11:00 AM
Post#1

Hi,

I have a report that I have set up to print in columns, 2 columns to a page. I need to have the text 'CONFIDENTIAL' to print at the top of the page on the right side or the top of the 2nd column on the page (and preferably on each page if possible). How can that be done? I don't see a way to make the report header/page header sections to be the full width of the report and just have the detail be in columns, but I may be missing it....

Thank you!!
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Aug 8 2019, 11:13 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. If you want it as a header (and not part of the data), then it should be possible by simply manipulating the margins and column sizes carefully.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

RJD
post Aug 8 2019, 11:45 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: If you are using Across then Down for the columns, you could put the column report part in a subreport in the details section. The main report will then not be columns and you can put controls horizontally wherever you wish.

Just an idea ...

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

baffled100
post Aug 8 2019, 12:04 PM
Post#4

Thanks, theDBguy! I was able to accomplish what I needed to do by unchecking the 'Same as detail' box in the Page Setup dialog box! I don't print in columns very often and it defaults to 'Same as detail'......I learned something new today! smile.gif

theDBguy
post Aug 8 2019, 12:29 PM
Post#5

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

baffled100
post Aug 8 2019, 12:56 PM
Post#6

Thanks for your help, Joe!

RJD
post Aug 8 2019, 01:39 PM
Post#7

UtterAccess VIP

Well, the solution you applied, the "Same as Detail" checkbox is the right solution in your case, rather than what I suggested. I simply didn't think about that! blush.gif

Continued success with your project.

Regards,
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd August 2019 - 08:08 PM