UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sub-form Are Not Showing All Records..., Access 2016    

Miguel_A
post Oct 19 2019, 02:49 PM
Post#1

Hi

So i have a main form that has several inputs, a button and 2 other's sub-forms (a data sheet one and a simple form one).

I am using this 2 forms types because it's not possible to place button on the data sheet form type and to make it like that (to appear that is the same) i have added 2 very close together wit the same height etc etc etc.
The visual part although not 1005 done it's very close.

The problem that i am having is that despite having some records on the table (that is connected to the data sheet form and the simply form one), it's only showing one record.

Have no idea how can i do this, i have google but found not much about this 2 mix forms...
If i change the forms type to continuous or something all record will be show but my main form will disappear from visual.

Anyway i will place an image file of the form and the actual database.

Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  access_issue_with_forms.png ( 56.48K )Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  Database.zip ( 147.72K )Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 19 2019, 02:55 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Miguel. I think you are only seeing one record on the subform because you bound both the main form and the subform to the same table and linked them using the ID field, which would only match one record at a time.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Doug Steele
post Oct 19 2019, 02:56 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

It's because you set your subform up so that it only shows records with the same value of ID as are being displayed in the main form.

Attached File  SubformSetup.jpg ( 78.74K )Number of downloads: 2

--------------------
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP (2000-2018)
Personal webpage
Microsoft profile
Co-author: Access Solutions: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs, published by Wiley
Co-author: Effective SQL: 61 Specific Ways to Write Better SQL, published by Addison-Wesley Professional
Technical Editor: Access 2010 Bible, Access 2013 Bible, Access 2016 Bible, all published by Wiley
Technical Editor: SQL Queries for Mere Mortals: A Hands-On Guide to Data Manipulation in SQL, 4th Edition, published by Addison-Wesley Professional

Miguel_A
post Oct 19 2019, 03:38 PM
Post#4

ohh come on lol ...
well in my defense i do not recall doing that link...

grrr i feel sow stupid now ...

Any way thanks for the help

theDBguy
post Oct 19 2019, 05:47 PM
Post#5

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. You're welcome. Doug and I were happy to assist. Good luck with your project.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th November 2019 - 12:29 AM