UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Create A Date Range For A Chart On A Report, Access 2016    

InfoHound
post Nov 6 2019, 04:02 PM
Post#1

I have a chart on a report that is based on query. The query has a field named TDate. I'm trying to limit the chart's range by creating a date range for this field. No matter what i do the chart seems to display all the data in the query ignoring the range(s) I've created.
I have a good understanding of date ranges and use them all the time. Charts on the other hand i usually do in Excel. I' like to start using charts in ACCESS more,as it seems like they have been improving.
Thanhs

Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Nov 6 2019, 08:13 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: I suppose we should start by looking at the query, with your date criteria. Can you post that for us?

Even better, if you could, post a cutdown db with relevant objects and test data, along with a description of specifically how you want to limit the data. then someone could give you a better response.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

BobDarlington
post Nov 6 2019, 08:16 PM
Post#3

Hi,
I use the code similar to the following called from the Report_Open event:

With Me!SalesGraph
.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCTROW sDate, SUM(FldName) AS Sales FROM QueryName WHERE sDate BETWEEN #" & Me!BeginDate & "# AND #" & Me!EndDate & "# GROUP BY sDate"
.Requery

Hope this helps.

--------------------
BobD
Brisbane

mempie
post Nov 21 2019, 09:15 AM
Post#4

You could use the debugger or a msgbox() to see what the value of .RowSource turns out to be. You could substitute fixed dates for Me!BeginDate and Me!EndDate to see what happens. What exactly are Me!BeginDate and Me!EndDate? What are they bound to? Maybe they don't have values yet during the .Open event, or maybe they don't after the .Requery.

mempie
post Nov 21 2019, 09:27 AM
Post#5

Another thought: do you really want to hard-code your start-and-end-date filter into the report? If users are entering start and end dates in textboxes on a form, and maybe clicking a Run Report button, you can build any filters you like and then pass them in the WHERE condition parameter of DoCmd.OpenReport. Also, if a user wants to run a report from, say, 3/31/2019 to the present, the user can leave the End Date blank, and you can build a filter condition without an end date, such as sDATE >= #3/31/2019# rather than always using BETWEEN and always needing both a start and an end date.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2019 - 10:23 PM