UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to put Access DB on Sharepoint server    

superchunk
post Apr 25 2007, 04:40 PM
Post#1

I am new to sharepoint server. I want to put a DB on the sharepoint server. I have read other threads that say they post links to their front ends that exist on their sharepoint server. I am trying this now but can't get it to work. I just get an HTTP error 404 that it can't find the web page. Any ideas here?
Go to the top of the page

Maxer
post Apr 30 2007, 12:07 PM
Post#2

Utter Access VIP

Wouldn't it be better to store the FE on the user's computer locally?
Someone else had a thread like this and I suggested they use a batch file to copy the FE from the server to the user's desktop (or where ever).

superchunk
post Apr 30 2007, 12:10 PM
Post#3

I am actually not able to do what I thought I could with Sharepoint. I will be redeveloping the front end in ASP to make it work. This app was for people remote from the server. There will be different organizations using this app so terminal server won't work either.

Maxer
post Apr 30 2007, 03:37 PM
Post#4

Utter Access VIP

Let us know how that works out with the ASP design.
I've been SERIOUSLY considering redesigning some databases with ASP to make them webbased. Just really don't want to have to learn ASP (I have a ColdFusion background, but would rather just use ASP and be done with it).

superchunk
post Apr 30 2007, 09:21 PM
Post#5

ASP is actually not too bad to learn. If you are an intermdeiate to advanced cold fusion developer you should pick it up pretty quick. Especially if you are programming in VS 2005.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th December 2019 - 02:21 AM