UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Math On A Date Regardless Of Year, Access 2016    

wheeledgoat
post Aug 20 2019, 12:50 PM
Post#1

I think I understand dates in Access correctly that the date is actually stored as days since midnight on December 30, 1899.

I haven't tested this yet but I think it would work to check if today is somebody's birthday by formatting the date and seeing if they're equal:
CODE
If Format(dob, "mmdd") = Format(Now, "mmdd") Then

...but how would I perform math on a date to see if we're within a day of someone's birthday? (i.e. if their birthday was yesterday or tomorrow)

--------------------
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems." -Frank Wilczek

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -B.R. Hayden

Virtue is sufficient for happiness, therefore a sage is immune to misfortune.
Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
theDBguy
post Aug 20 2019, 01:01 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. You can construct a date value using the DateSerial() function. You can then use the results to compare between dates.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

wheeledgoat
post Aug 20 2019, 02:42 PM
Post#3

ah, brilliant! Thanks gentlemen. And double thanks Doug for the ABS reminder - I was about to handle the negative much less elegantly.

--------------------
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems." -Frank Wilczek

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -B.R. Hayden

Virtue is sufficient for happiness, therefore a sage is immune to misfortune.

Posts in this topic

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th October 2019 - 11:49 PM