UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Does It Name The Startup Form?, Access 2016    

mempie
post Nov 6 2019, 10:15 AM
Post#1

Hello. I was looking at a database I'll be working on later. At startup it launches a form called frmStartup, with some warning text on a label and an OK button. The OK click event has the rest of the startup code, which closes frmStartup and opens the main menu form. I can't see how it launches frmStartup. There is no autoexec macro. When I go to Options - Current Database - Display Form:, it says "None". How else can it launch frmStartup?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

dmhzx
post Nov 6 2019, 10:19 AM
Post#2

File
Options
CurrentDaabase
Display Form

Give a drop down of all forms, and defaults to none

LeeAnn
post Nov 6 2019, 10:22 AM
Post#3

One thing that comes to mind is the Autoexec macro may be a hidden object therefore you can't see it. There is a setting in Access that allows you to see hidden objects, you may want to turn that on.

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson

mempie
post Nov 18 2019, 10:03 AM
Post#4

The thought that there could be a hidden autoexec macro was in the back of my mind. It never made it to the front of my mind, because the programmer did nothing else to lock down the database. She didn't even make an .accde file. When I was able to look at the database again (several days later), I checked it. Sure enough, she had hidden all the macros and modules using the Navigation Pane's navigation options. I didn't know that option existed. Its function isn't clear until you try it. There was indeed an autoexec macro which launched frmStartup. Thank you.

gemmathehusky
post Dec 3 2019, 07:35 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

it probably wasn't done that way for malicious reasons, more as a limited safeguard. Releasing full code with no protection exposes everything and allows modifications to be made.

I always use an autoexec macro, but I also only issue compiled databases.

--------------------
Dave (Male)

(Gemma was my dog)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th December 2019 - 01:20 AM