UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mass Entry Of Records Into Sharepoint List, SharePoint Server 2010    

CCSlice
post Apr 3 2019, 10:02 AM
Post#1

Hi UA Nation,

I am looking to add data for a calendar list in SharePoint. I want to load these records by completing a Update query in MS Access to the SharePoint list. I have tried the copy and paste method without any success. Can it be done?

As always UA Nation, thank you for your suggestions in advance!

CC
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 3 2019, 10:08 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Did you link to the SharePoint List using Access? If so, can you show us the SQL statement you've tried? I think copying and pasting works if you're in datasheet view.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

CCSlice
post Apr 3 2019, 10:58 AM
Post#3

Yes. I was simply trying to append the records from the Paste Errors to the SharePoint List. Here's the SQL:

INSERT INTO [Instructor Calendar]
( Title, Location, [Start Time], [End Time], Description, [All Day Event], Recurrence, Workspace, Category, Resources, [Free/Busy], [Check Double Booking], ProgramName, CoE, City, Region, Facility, Room, Facilitator, [Team Name], [Facilitator#Activity Type], [Language], Status, [Non-Instructor#Activity Type], Destination, [Program Name], Attendees, Attachments )
SELECT [Paste Errors].F2, [Paste Errors].F3, [Paste Errors].F4, [Paste Errors].F5, [Paste Errors].F6, [Paste Errors].F7, [Paste Errors].F8, [Paste Errors].F9, [Paste Errors].F10, [Paste Errors].F11, [Paste Errors].F12, [Paste Errors].F13, [Paste Errors].F14, [Paste Errors].F15, [Paste Errors].F16, [Paste Errors].F17, [Paste Errors].F18, [Paste Errors].F19, [Paste Errors].F20, [Paste Errors].F22, [Paste Errors].F23, [Paste Errors].F24, [Paste Errors].F25, [Paste Errors].F26, [Paste Errors].F27, [Paste Errors].F28, [Paste Errors].F29, [Paste Errors].F30
FROM [Paste Errors];

theDBguy
post Apr 3 2019, 01:31 PM
Post#4

Hi. If you get a paste error table, then there's probably problems with those items, which means forcing them back into the list using an append query will probably fail as well. To make sure an append query works, create a duplicate list and enter some test data in it. Then, use an append query based on the duplicate list. If it works, then an append query is fine. If so, then there's something wrong with the data, that's why the append query is not working.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

CCSlice
post Apr 8 2019, 08:02 AM
Post#5

Thanks DbGuy. You're right: There are system fields in which I was appending to the table that didn't need to (ie. Attachments, etc.) It works well now!

CCSlice

theDBguy
post Apr 8 2019, 10:36 AM
Post#6

Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd October 2019 - 11:25 PM