UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Rich Text Box W/ [code] [/code], Any Version    

damian.green
post Feb 26 2020, 08:41 PM
Post#1

On a local access database, within a rich text field can you create the same effect of a code box that you can on this website, or is this feature limited to an online website?

CODE
I'm looking for a nice visual to capture my code snippets in a change log while surrounding it with text, like you can do here.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Feb 26 2020, 09:21 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hmm, not sure what you're really after other than the nice border frame around the code. The main reason why we use the code tags is to keep the hard spaces used to pad the front of the lines, which you can already do in a memo field, I think.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

damian.green
post Feb 27 2020, 12:08 PM
Post#3

I guess I'm trying to leverage something that I'm seeing on this website and see if it's implementable within Access.
If it's not possible then, I can figure out another way to capture the code and make it look like this site.

theDBguy
post Feb 27 2020, 12:24 PM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Hi. Don't get too easily discouraged. I didn't say it's not possible. I only wondered what you were really after. So, as I was saying, were you trying to copy the border frame? Can you post a screen mockup of what you wish your Access Form would look like?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

damian.green
post Feb 27 2020, 01:09 PM
Post#5

Here's what I have now (attached below), as a continuous form visualization and below captures what I'd prefer it to look like. The field Db_Change_Descr is a rich text format.

What I'd like is a way to capture the code I put into the box, similar to this website, where I can have text above and below it.
This post has been edited by damian.green: Feb 27 2020, 01:10 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture2.png ( 327.3K )Number of downloads: 7

DanielPineault
post Feb 27 2020, 02:11 PM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Anything is possible, but not with RTF!

You'd have to go down the path of https://www.devhut.net/2019/10/11/ms-access-improved-html/ and then create your own CSS that you'd attribute to codes block to change their appearance (border, background color, ...).

As theDBguy stated, not impossible, but will involve work to achieve.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

damian.green
post Feb 27 2020, 02:30 PM
Post#7

@DanielPineault -

I downloaded your database and am playing around with it. This looks promising. I especially love seeing the paste as text capability.

I figure this link would help me with some of the HTML codes (https://www.access-programmers.co.UK/forums/help/bb-codes/).

If I was to deploy this with mine, I assume the html folder would have to go with it, for it to work on others computers?

Were the pictures on the birthday record (#2) supposed to show up?

When I ran the spell check from the drop down bar, it ran into a script error and then continued to spin.
This post has been edited by damian.green: Feb 27 2020, 02:42 PM

damian.green
post Feb 27 2020, 09:01 PM
Post#8

Comments, definitely not a critique.

Pictures are linked back to a file path, not embedded.

It doesn't appear that the webbrowser control can display more than once on a continuous form.

Some of the HTML formatting (like line thru) won't display if the user uses a rich text format to view the information. How would you get the HTML formatted information back out, say on a Report?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    28th March 2020 - 09:59 AM