UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save Filter On Reports, Access 2016    

Beejay
post Jan 23 2020, 08:20 AM
Post#1

After 7 years not being usy with Access anymore, we have been looking for building an Access database once again.
So to be quite honest my knowledge of what is possible nowadays is a little obsolute.

I remember from a previous database we had some great add-ins from Steve Nyberg, called RFil. It made you save filters on certain reports, so you did not have to do the filtering on various fields all over again every time. He actually made one on forms as well (think that was called FFil).

I can't find these add-ins anymore and next to that do not know if they work with Access 2016 anyway.

Does anyone know if these add-ins are still available and if they work with Access 2016? Or is such functionality built in already in the 2016 version?

Pleased to hear.
This post has been edited by Beejay: Jan 23 2020, 08:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 23 2020, 08:22 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

I'm not familiar with that reference. Can you provide any details that might help tracking something down?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Beejay
post Jan 23 2020, 08:26 AM
Post#3

There is actually a link on this Forum's page with Access Links, however his website is down....

Steve Nyberg's Access Page Various free utilities including Security Permissions, Report Filtering and Password Changer and File Catalog Manager for Access

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 23 2020, 08:30 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Ah, I'll let the webmaster know the link is broken here and at another site which maintains links link that, just in case.

However, it could be that the link itself is bad, or that he is no longer offering or supporting the tool or something else.

I suspect you'll find that persisting filters is going to require either a table to do that, or writing properties to the database.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
Beginning SQL Server

Beejay
post Jan 23 2020, 08:44 AM
Post#5

You are correct, as far as I can recall the specific filters on the report where stored in tables.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 23 2020, 08:47 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

That would be the path of least complexity, IMO.

Search here. Maybe there's another sample of a similar procedure.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th February 2020 - 03:52 AM