UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hidding Email Addresses Of Individual & Group Recipients, Office 2010    

FrankRuperto
post Apr 3 2020, 08:27 PM
Post#1

I am using Desktop Office Outlook 2010 on Windows 7. The email address I have setup for outgoing mail is an O365 Outlook account. In my desktop contacts list, all my contacts are setup to only display their name(s) when adding them to the recipients list in an outgoing email. I also have some of these individual contacts in a group. When I send the email, each recipients email addresses are visible to other recipients, regardless of whether I send a group blast or just a couple of individual recipients, and I would like for all recipients to not be able to see other recipients email addresses. I tried clicking on the "Private" button in the ribbon, but it doesn't seem to do anything. In the past, I remember sending group blasts and none of the recipients were able to expand the group list or see other recipients addresses.

1. Is there a way to hide them?
2. does the MS Exchange addin have something to with it?
3. What happens if I remove the Exchange addin, will my link to O365 Outllok account be severed?
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Apr 3 2020, 08:30 PM

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.
Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Apr 3 2020, 08:31 PM
Post#2

Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) does that. (Recipients can't see other recipients' e-mail addresses)

FrankRuperto
post Apr 3 2020, 08:55 PM
Post#3

Wow, my Outlook ignorance. All this time I thought Bcc meant Broadcast Carbon Copy lol, thanks!
How can I make it blind in the email's "To:" field instead of the "Bcc:" field?
Any idea what the "Private" button on the ribbon does?

Thanks
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Apr 3 2020, 09:23 PM

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th May 2020 - 02:50 AM