UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Compare Year To Year Job Cost By Office - In Pivot ? Chart ?, Office 2013    

bakersburg9
post Sep 18 2019, 12:15 PM
Post#21

Well, first I'd like to see how to automate the process of updating the workbook, if possible - as for your question, that's where the game of "chicken" comes in - I don't know what my Sup wants, and I think he doesn't want to tell me he doesn't know what he wants - it's an odd dilemma - I'll never let this happen again!!! But I love, in theory, your idea of setting up a dummy account for the line items that the company basically "absorbs" - because, like I said, a lot of this activity is just cases where it's just a JOB - and the issue of no passing through/recouping expenses vis a vis invoices is irrelevant - just a job, that's it - a job with expenses, but it may not have to do with the companies' business, that of remediation.... Fire damage, flood, asbestos, etc. - say they are just doing a remodel to a plant - no need to do invoicing - that's just expenses...
Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Sep 18 2019, 01:56 PM
Post#22

Automate the process of updating the workbook... you mean by requerying the database so that you pull in the new data? Go to the Data Tools tab, Click the green button "Go to PowerPivot Window", then click "Refresh"... it will re-run all the queries you have defined and import all the new data.

In PowerBi, you can schedule all that.

bakersburg9
post Sep 18 2019, 02:15 PM
Post#23

No, I'm talking about how I'm inputting one at a time - like for Row 1298 on the Excel sheet named 'report1562013555682' I have to manually type in the amounts from AP, ATI subtotals, etc.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ExampleJobAS7_43_24325.png ( 83K )Number of downloads: 4

MadPiet
post Sep 18 2019, 02:33 PM
Post#24

What does the RowNumbers table mean? Are you grouping JobNumbers into groups of some kind? I don't understand the relationship between the two.
This post has been edited by MadPiet: Sep 18 2019, 02:42 PM

bakersburg9
post Sep 18 2019, 03:30 PM
Post#25

What does the RowNumbers mean ?
It's pretty crazy - I don't, no I NEVER have worked like this - all the stuff with the row numbers and the alt job ID is just that the 2017 & 2018 All Jobs With Costs no invoice.xlsm is "The Bible" - there's not going to be any sorting/shifting - so the row numbers are just literally that - the row numbers in "The Holy Bible" - never to change - if you'll notice, the Access report I use to update the report1562013555682 tab in the "Bible" has row numbers referenced - as for the ALT job ID's, that's simply with / without dashes.

One thing I forgot to mention is that for some reason, not all these items have supporting documentation in Timberline (the construction software they use) - so those are to be skipped, but we don't want to lose the visibility/ tracking - the are to stay in the "Bible" - even though my process is pretty lame admittedly, it's nice that I can scroll through the Access report, and see the "breaks," where there's a row# missing, which probably means there's nothing in Timberline - so I can go in and just scan those in bunches, and confir

I cleared out my mailbox, so we can communicate that way, in Messenger
This post has been edited by bakersburg9: Sep 18 2019, 03:32 PM

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th November 2019 - 10:13 AM