UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
15 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Outlook Style Calendar For Access Projects, Access 2003    

marinko888
post Apr 24 2019, 12:06 PM
Post#201

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your answer. I have managed to find a solution from one of my backups. I have had a problem due to the constant changing of the VBA code.

Thanks and have a good day today!
Marinko
Go to the top of the page

marinko888
post Apr 24 2019, 05:04 PM
Post#202

Hi Peter,

something weird definitively happens during the conversion of Outlook Style Calendar to MS Access 2019. At first, everything seems to be fine:

Attached File  Capture2.JPG ( 22.73K )Number of downloads: 2

but after I close and reopen my application then I get this:

Attached File  Capture1.JPG ( 22.98K )Number of downloads: 2

As you can see info has been somehow distorted. Because of that, when I double click on the specific date, window pops-up but without any info:

Attached File  Capture3.JPG ( 42.41K )Number of downloads: 7

Most probably the conversion causes that. Don't see any other reason.

Marinko

marinko888
post Apr 25 2019, 03:08 AM
Post#203

I have to mention that this happens only when I IMPORT all elements of Outlook Style Calendar (tables, queries, VBA code) into another Application made in MS Access 2019. When I just open the Calendar everything is working fine.

Peter Hibbs
post Apr 25 2019, 03:18 AM
Post#204

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Marinko,

Sorry, I have no idea without seeing the database. You could check the query that is bound to that List box control which is qryAppointmentList to see if anything has changed there. It could be a problem with the table or the form or the VBA code or just about anything. I think you will need to look at everything in more detail to track the problem down, I don't think that just converting it to Access 2019 would cause that problem (unless there are some obscure bugs in that version of Access).

Peter.

marinko888
post Apr 25 2019, 03:28 AM
Post#205

Hi Peter,

I have attached the zipped database. Thanks for your help!

Marinko

Attached File  CalendarImported.zip ( 522.98K )Number of downloads: 93

marinko888
post Apr 25 2019, 05:32 AM
Post#206

I have tried with changing the query but haven't succeded...

Peter Hibbs
post Apr 25 2019, 07:06 AM
Post#207

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Marinko,

First off, I like the way you have changed the appearance of the forms, much better looking than my designs, I think.

OK, there are two main problems (there may be more but let's sort these out first).

(1) Open query qryAppointmentList in Design mode and add the table tblChambers to the query (it should automatically create a link to table tblAppointments).
Add the field ChamberRef to the query and then move it into column 3 (i.e. in the fourth column) so it should then look like ApptID - TM: Format... - Subj: Trim(ApptSubject... - ChamberRef - etc..
Save the query and that should fix the Yearly list problem.

(2) This one is a bit trickier and I believe this has happened because you are using Access 2019 which, I am guessing, defaults to SQL-92 Compatibility Mode (see this This Web Site for details).
What you need to do is switch your database mode back to SQL-89 mode (as shown on that Web site) and then open the form frmCalendarAppt in Design mode, click on the lstAppts List box control and open the query in the Row Source property. Change the criteria for the ChamberID column from :-
ALike "*" & [Forms]![frmCalendarAppt]![txtChamberID]
to
Like "*" & [Forms]![frmCalendarAppt]![txtChamberID]
That should then show the appointments in the Calendar Appointments pop-up form.

One alternative you might like to try first though is this - SQL-92 uses the % character for matching instead of the * character. You could try changing the * for a % in the criteria above to see if that works. If it does then you may also need to go through the VBA code to do the same in the various routines that use the * as a matching symbol and also it would mean that your database would not work properly with earlier versions of Access but it is up to you (it would be interesting to see if it does actually work, even if you don't use it).

Anyway, let me know how you get on.

Peter.

marinko888
post Apr 25 2019, 08:45 AM
Post#208

Hi Peter,

The first issue has been resolved but with the frmCalendarAppt and the query for the lstAppts...It seems to be like Mission Impossible because for the rest of my App I am using linked tables from SQL database and that's why I am getting this error. It pushes another syntax that is more suitable for the SQL database.
Don't know how to resolve this issue but maybe something eventually comes up.

Thanks for your help to clear things up!
Marinko

Peter Hibbs
post Apr 25 2019, 09:09 AM
Post#209

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Marinko,

That is tricky then, I have no experience with SQL Server databases so I can't help with that problem. I suppose you could remove that criteria from the query altogether so that it always shows all categories but whether that will affect the rest of the database, I am not sure.

If you cannot resolve it yourself I can only suggest you start another thread on UtterAccess to see if anyone else can help with using the Like/ALike function in a query with SQL Server.

Good luck,

Peter.

marinko888
post Apr 25 2019, 09:35 AM
Post#210

Your suggestion has been very helpful. I have deleted the column (criteria) and almost everything functions now except I cannot change Chamber in a lstAppts for the Appointment but that is not a big issue. It is actually possible to have linked SQL database tables and the Access database tables when there is no conflict in syntax...

Thank you, Peter, have a good one.
Marinko

marinko888
post Apr 25 2019, 12:07 PM
Post#211

Hi Peter,

do you know how to formulate raw source for lstAppts in VBA code? I have tried but the SELECT statement is too long...Maybe this is the way around for ALike that causes the problem.

Marinko

marinko888
post Apr 25 2019, 03:15 PM
Post#212

Hi Peter,

forget about my last comment. I have somehow managed to change the code and make it work.

Thanks for your help!
Marinko

marinko888
post May 3 2019, 10:04 AM
Post#213

Hi Peter,
I am trying to INSERT values into tblAppointments and getting error formating Now:

Attached File  Capture.JPG ( 15.8K )Number of downloads: 3

and my date and time format in the table looks like this: 26.4.2019. 6:00:00
but with this statement, I am unable to INSERT new values in the table:

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tblAppointments (ChamberID, ApptSubject, ApptStart, RecurrenceID) VALUES (5,'Transfer No." & Me.TransferNo.Value & "'," & Format(Now, "dd:mm:yyyy hh:mm:ss") & ",1)"

What am I doing wrong? How should I format the Now?

Thanks,
Marinko

marinko888
post May 3 2019, 11:14 AM
Post#214

Hi Peter,

ignore my last question. I have searched through your code and have found the solution that you have already applied.

Have a good one,
Marinko

cheekybuddha
post May 3 2019, 11:25 AM
Post#215

UtterAccess Moderator

For anyone using a non-US date format (eg dd/mm/yyyy) then use this line:
CODE
' ...
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tblAppointments (ChamberID, ApptSubject, ApptStart, RecurrenceID) VALUES (5,'Transfer No." & Me.TransferNo.Value & "'," & Format(Now, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd hh:mm:ss\#") & ",1)"
' ...

hth,

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

Peter Hibbs
post May 3 2019, 01:17 PM
Post#216

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Marinko,

OK, glad you found a solution.

Incidentally, it is also possible to simplify the date function in an SQL string, for example, to save the current date and time to a table you can use this in the VALUES part of the function :-
CODE
.... VALUES (5,'Transfer No." & Me.TransferNo.Value & "',Now(),1)"

You can also do the same for the current date or current time with Date() or Time() which has the advantage that you don't need to format it for the US date format.

Peter.

slynch
post Jul 5 2019, 02:27 PM
Post#217

Hi There this is my first time on any message board. This Calendar is awesome but how do I adjust it so that my week starts on a Saturday? my company work cycle is Sunday-Friday.

Peter Hibbs
post Jul 5 2019, 05:15 PM
Post#218

UtterAccess VIP

Hi S Lynch

In the code module modCalendarCode, change the line near the top of the code from -
CODE
Public Const conFirstDay = vbSunday

to
CODE
Public Const conFirstDay = vbSaturday

as explained in the User Manual.

Peter Hibbs.

slynch
post Jul 8 2019, 11:13 AM
Post#219

I'm so sorry...I found it right after.

ty

SL

Peter Hibbs
post Jul 8 2019, 01:24 PM
Post#220

UtterAccess VIP

Hi ty,

OK, don't worry about it, you are not the first to ask this question and welcome to UtterAccess BTW!

Peter.

15 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2019 - 11:15 PM