UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holiday Planner Demo, Access 2003    

pctechdr
post Oct 29 2018, 12:44 AM
Post#21

Why are you not creating your report from tblHolidayDates ?? You have all information there.
Just a thought!

Chris.
Go to the top of the page

mrcunknown
post Nov 2 2018, 03:12 AM
Post#22

Thnx :-) ..... I did not check that, but indeed all information is there.

Is it also possible to get a dropdown that i can select which department i want to dislpay in frmHolidays. exp; i have 7 diffrent departments but i only want to see dept #2. I have tryed something to change in qryHoliday but i dont know how to make it in form Holidays.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Knipsel.JPG ( 56.51K )Number of downloads: 5

mrcunknown
post Nov 2 2018, 10:10 AM
Post#23

Enclosed my file ... i hope there somebody who can help me :-)
This post has been edited by mrcunknown: Nov 2 2018, 10:12 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  test.zip ( 1.35MB )Number of downloads: 8

Peter Hibbs
post Nov 2 2018, 11:59 AM
Post#24

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,

Does this do what you want?

Peter Hibbs.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ROOSTER_Planner_V2_Werkbestand.zip ( 244.05K )Number of downloads: 17

mrcunknown
post Nov 2 2018, 12:20 PM
Post#25

Hi Peter, Not completely...... I think its beter wen i select a department the other departments disappears. and it wil also be nice to have a overview of al departments went there is no selection. i really appreciate youre help

Peter Hibbs
post Nov 2 2018, 02:06 PM
Post#26

UtterAccess VIP

OK, try this then :-

Copy the text below into the Row Source property of the combo box cmbPName and also change the Default Value property of the same combo box to "*"

SELECT tblDepartments.DeptRef, tblDepartments.DeptName FROM tblDepartments UNION SELECT "*", "<< ALL DEPTS >>" FROM tblDepartments
ORDER BY tblDepartments.DeptName;

What happens now is that when the form opens the chart will show all departments and the Combo box will display '<< ALL DEPTS >>'. You can then select one of the departments in the Combo box to show just the records for that department.

Is this what you wanted?

By the way, you have a few 'Compile' errors which you should fix first because they may mask other more important errors. Also, I remmed out some code in the UpdateChart routine while I was testing, if you are using the Public Holidays facility you will need to un-rem those few lines. If you are not using this facility then I would suggest you leave them out as it will speed up the display a little bit.

Peter Hibbs.

mrcunknown
post Nov 2 2018, 02:33 PM
Post#27

Cool .... thats partally what i need :-) I also mean when i select a department that also the names from different departments wil disappear.

What do you mean with 'Compile' errors? My plan is to make use of the Public Holidays facility .... so i have to fix some lines?

Sorry for the dumb questions :-) hahah

Peter Hibbs
post Nov 2 2018, 04:13 PM
Post#28

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,

I also mean when i select a department that also the names from different departments wil disappear.

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean, what names from what departments should disappear? Please explain in more detail.

What do you mean with 'Compile' errors?
You should compile the VBA code to locate any errors in the code. To do this, open any VBA code window and click on the Debug -> Compile Holiday Planner V2 on the menu bar at the top of the window. I don't have time to explain what this does in detail but you can probably search the Internet for more information.

My plan is to make use of the Public Holidays facility .... so i have to fix some lines?
OK, just open the VBA window for module modGeneral , scroll down to the UpdateChart routine and remove the single quotes from the beginning of the six lines after the comment 'Highlight public holidays in selected colors

As a matter of interest what language are you using and in which country?

It is late here so I will have a look again tomorrow.

Peter.

mrcunknown
post Nov 3 2018, 02:13 AM
Post#29

I also mean when i select a department that also the names from different departments wil disappear.
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean, what names from what departments should disappear? Please explain in more detail.
I have uploaded 2 screenshots (made it with photoshop to illustrate what i mean)

What do you mean with 'Compile' errors?
You should compile the VBA code to locate any errors in the code. To do this, open any VBA code window and click on the Debug -> Compile Holiday Planner V2 on the menu bar at the top of the window. I don't have time to explain what this does in detail but you can probably search the Internet for more information.
I will try to figure that out

My plan is to make use of the Public Holidays facility .... so i have to fix some lines?
OK, just open the VBA window for module modGeneral , scroll down to the UpdateChart routine and remove the single quotes from the beginning of the six lines after the comment 'Highlight public holidays in selected colors
Did it ... thnx

As a matter of interest what language are you using and in which country?
It is in dutch

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Knipsel_1.JPG ( 337.5K )Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  Knipsel_2.JPG ( 247.67K )Number of downloads: 7

Peter Hibbs
post Nov 3 2018, 07:01 AM
Post#30

UtterAccess VIP

Hi mrcunknown,

OK, try this one.

The changes I have made are that I have changed the criteria for the Dept field in query qryWeekdata to :- Like [Forms]![frmHolidays]![frmHolidaySub]![cmbPName]

I also added the Me.Painting = False and Me.Painting = True to the CmbPName AfterUpdate event to speed up the display a bit.

I think this does do what you want but I have not tested the other facilities like adding new holiday events, new departments, etc so I don't know if you might have any problems with that so I will leave that up to you.

Good luck with the project,

Peter.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ROOSTER_Planner_V2_Werkbestand__2_.zip ( 206.71K )Number of downloads: 31

mrcunknown
post Nov 6 2018, 06:03 AM
Post#31

thnx! that does the trick :-). This is very helpfull

mrcunknown
post Nov 11 2018, 03:54 AM
Post#32

@pctechdr

Hi Chris, i was bussy with the report from tblHolidayDates. Only i can not get get it like i need. I mean that when i choose a department i get a calendar like the picture. Do i have to make a new query or something?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Knipsel123.JPG ( 149.65K )Number of downloads: 8

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th November 2018 - 05:27 AM