UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access With SQL Server – Special Guest From Microsoft!    

Lucy13
post Oct 22 2018, 04:08 PM
Post#1

Once again we are pleased to announce that we will have a member of the Microsoft Access management team join us for a live chat! Join Michal Bar, Senior Program Manager for Microsoft Access as she cover’s the state of Access (2019 vs O365), demo the new Link Table Manager and talk about the roadmap.

Mark your calendar for Tuesday November 13th, 6.30pm Central Time and visit our website for more information. https://accessusergroups.org/SQL-server-wit...375-2018-11-13/
Go to the top of the page

isladogs
post Nov 15 2018, 11:55 AM
Post#2

I watched the latest Access User Group video with Juan Soto and Michal Bar from MS last night.
You can find it as the first item at https://accessusergroups.org/SQL-server-with-access/videos/
It should also be available direct on You Tube if you search

The video is about 100 minutes in length but I think its well worth watching

Michal is certainly a very positive asset in the Access development team and gives the impression that she really does care about user feedback.
Apparently MS have learned their lesson and will no longer be removing features used by many as they did in the past with e.g. pivot tables/charts. Hmmm...really?

Five things were covered in the video - I've already used the first three
1. New linked table manager - a huge improvement
2. Modern charts - a massive disappointment to me but the video suggests I've missed some of its capabilities e.g replacement for pivot charts
3. New black and dark grey themes - great for those blinded by brilliant white background but after two days I went back to the existing themes.

So far not enough to tempt me away from A2010 ... though I will revisit the charts

Michal announced two more items on the Access roadmap.
4. Integration with Microsoft Graph - I know this is a big development area for MS so hopefully this will be a meaningful addition - perhaps others can explain what this will entail
5. Direct handling of JSON files (similar to that for XML) - hooray! After rejecting this for over two years they've changed their minds. This could be a huge benefit though at present for a niche market.
I'm very happy with the idea even though it may eventually make my own JATFA app redundant.

However, MS are still not going to add a version of Power Query to Access - apparently for technical reasons whatever that means
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th November 2018 - 08:44 PM