UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Autonumbers    

jleach
post Apr 25 2012, 02:43 PM
Post#41

UtterAccess Editor

Hi,
The instructions should tell how to import the module and set up bit of code and object names as required. It's been a while since I wrote them so I don't remember in detail, but if there's problems stop back and someone will give a hand.
This should work on Access 2007 without issue, it is not version specific.
Hope it helps,
Go to the top of the page

mefrogs8
post Apr 25 2012, 03:14 PM
Post#42

Thank you, but I am not entirely sure how to do this because I haven't worked with Access 2007 only 2003 and never had the need to use a number without duplicates and having multi users. I was hoping for something simple. I have a field named Job # that I need to have on my form I want to be able to have a unique number incremented by 1 starting with 0001 at the open of the form, however I do not want the number duplicated or cancelled incase another user is entering info at the same time as someone else. I see alot of people talking about DMAX function but don't even know where to begin to enter this info since it says to find the BeforeInsert event in the Form's Properties but Access 2007 does not have that in the event properties and I had another person recommending to create a table: tblNextSeries (fNextSeries Long) and then he gave me a code but I have no idea where to begin with this either. I can create the table but don't know where to put the code in? Help I am at my wits end. I am pretty good at figuring things out but this is beyond my capacity and is making me bonkers pullhair.gif If any one can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

jleach
post Apr 25 2012, 06:05 PM
Post#43

UtterAccess Editor

Hi,
This would be a question better suited for the general forums than for a Code Archive entry. It's quite a bit more of a generic problem than any particular technicality with this implementation of a numbering system. If you post that question in the Access Q & A forum many people would be able to help.
I would start a thread stating that you want to try to use DMax but are not sure how to locate the BeforeInsert event (it's there, the event hasn't been removed in 2007). The table and code you describe sounds like a similar implementation as this, although maybe a little more simple setup than this. If you were to post an example of that code someone should be able to help further. In either case, I would recommend getting your feet wet with DMax and seeing how it works for you before moving into this. DMax is the easiest implementation, so that'd be the best one to get squared away first.
When you start a new thread, you may want to note that you've looked at this Code Archive entry and was directed to the Q & A Forum instead, lest someone point you here!
Note that the fundementals of Access have not changed between 2003 and 2007. While 2007 adds a few more things in (which most developers don't use anyway), you can continue with Access 2003 practices almost seamlessly in 2007.
Good luck with the project.

mefrogs8
post Apr 26 2012, 08:10 AM
Post#44

Thank you for your help. I will try that!

Amr.arfa
post Oct 12 2019, 01:47 PM
Post#45

My access 2019 & 2106
I have one table i need sembil cod to auto number for 2 user

3 Pages V < 1 2 3

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th November 2019 - 02:54 AM