UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Db On Azure Vm Using Remoteapp, Hurdles That Remain, Any Version    

FrankRuperto
post Aug 3 2020, 03:46 PM
Post#41

Albert, I think you're being overly modest. I consider you to be one of the most knowledgeable UA members and a subject matter expert on many of Microsoft's core products.

As for RemoteApps hosted by an Azure VM, I may be jumping the gun, as I have yet to find out if the OP was successful in getting local printers to print remote jobs, but the following thoughts crossed my mind.
Could it be that a RemoteApp only publishes a selected application to a remote computer, and RemoteApp is not including any of the remote printers that were defined as redirected printers in Azure VM?
I can visualize the OP's Access frontend being published to a remote desktop. This published Access app prints reports. Each report has a page setup in which you specify to print it to a default printer, or a specific printer.
If you choose a specific printer, you should be able to see local printers like, TS001(MyComputerName:LPT1), which are redirected printers that were defined in Azure VM.
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Aug 3 2020, 03:50 PM

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.
Go to the top of the page

3 Pages V < 1 2 3

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th August 2020 - 07:44 AM