UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access 2007/Sharepoint/Office Live Premium    

alancossey
post Jan 10 2007, 08:27 AM
Post#1

It is possible to take Office Live (Essentials and Premium) data offline into Access 2007. This is pretty nifty. However, rather than have to use the ribbon to do this as I may want to do it with Access 2007 runtime when it comes out, I would prefer to have a toggle button to allow the user to toggle between online and offline. There is a RunCommand action that allows the user to do this toggling (DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdToggleOffline), but in order to put the right caption on the button, I need to know what state the database is in. There is a database property called "IsCachedMode" which shows whether list data is cached or not, but I can't find a property that shows whether the database is offline or online. Does anyone know how to determine this, please?
Go to the top of the page

alancossey
post Jan 12 2007, 10:11 AM
Post#2

Clint Covington kindly told me elsewhere that you can check the CurrentDB.Properties("hasofflinelists") property. On my machine a value of 70 seems to mean you are online and a value of 84 seems to mean you have taken your data offline. These values do not seem to depend on how many tables you have.
ote the use of the word "seem" :-)
Alan
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2019 - 11:15 AM