UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remote Access To Database, Access 2016    

lancemcgonigal
post Mar 25 2020, 05:30 PM
Post#1

Greetings all...thanks in advance for your help.

I have an access system that is used by 5 users at the same time. works great on our file server. they want to work from home and I'm wondering if I can put the backend on a nas and let them through our firewall to via a mapped drive on the local machine.

Is this possible? if not, what do you suggest? is a remote desktop (TeamViewer) a better solution?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Mar 25 2020, 05:36 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Have a look at this other discussion.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

FrankRuperto
post Mar 25 2020, 05:36 PM
Post#3

Your best solution is for each worker to remote into their separate workstation at work. You can install a free remote product like AnyDesk on each workstation at the company, set them all up for unattended access with a password, leave the workstations on, each worker downloads and installs AnyDesk on their home PC and connects to their workstation using the AnyDesk ID and password you set up on each of their comapny workstations. Only one user should be connected to one workstation.

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

lancemcgonigal
post Mar 25 2020, 06:09 PM
Post#4

Thank you both...you've saved me hours of headache. Will proceed with remote while we port to SQL server.

theDBguy
post Mar 25 2020, 07:08 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

Hi Lance. Good luck!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    8th July 2020 - 05:05 PM