UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Form Not To Refresh, Yet., Access 2013    

ry94080
post Jan 30 2019, 04:08 PM
Post#1

Hi all,

I have a status board form that refreshes every two minutes. However, I don't want the form to refresh until all queries have been ran and data has been prepared.

I have a clear procedure before the query runs and the form fields all display as #Deleted after the clear procedure runs.

Is there a way to have the form not refresh until I tell it to?

I want it display the data it previously had (before clear), clear the actual tables, run queries, then refresh the form

Doable?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jan 30 2019, 04:24 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi,

Try something like:

DoCmd.Echo False

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Jeff B.
post Jan 30 2019, 06:02 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

To add to theDBGuy's suggestion, and take this from someone who learned the hard way (<g>), make sure to turn the Echo back on. Heck, add an DoCmd.Echo True into the exit routine for your proc. … and you could add a macro that also turns the Echo back on, just in case …

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

ry94080
post Jan 31 2019, 09:45 AM
Post#4

I tried this and Docmd.echo false had the screen go blank as the queries were running. I had the True statement at the end of all the queries.

I was hoping to have the screen be static as the queries ran, then refresh right after they ran.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    3rd July 2020 - 08:49 AM