UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Click To Run Clarification, Access 2016    

BruceM
post May 13 2020, 09:00 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

It seems to be the case that Access 365 runtime cannot be installed along with a Click to Run installation of Office 365. However, it seems there may be two versions of Access 365 runtime, one compatible with the Click to Run installation of Office and the other compatible with Windows Installer installation.

Or maybe there is only one version that is compatible only with a Click to Run installation? I'm having trouble sorting it out.

From what I have been able to discover, our installation of Office 365 is click to run.
Go to the top of the page

FrankRuperto
post May 13 2020, 10:01 AM
Post#2

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-3...e-for-download/

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

BruceM
post May 13 2020, 10:24 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Frank,

That article is from five years ago. More recent information such as in the link I put into my original posting (it is undated, but references Access 2019) suggest there is a runtime version that is compatible with Click to Run (C2R). I'm just trying to sort out if there are separate runtime versions, one compatible with C2R and another with Windows Installer installations. Somehow the two are in conflict where Access runtime is involved.

Apparently there will be an error message if the wrong version is used for the attempted installation, but I am just trying to learn more about it, and have not been able to piece it together from the various things I have read.

FrankRuperto
post May 13 2020, 11:22 AM
Post#4

Correct, they're two separate runtime versions. If you installed Office 2016/19 Pro Plus via O365 subscription, then you have the ClickToRun version and cannot also install the Access msi runtime version. That one is only for perpetual license versions of Access.

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

BruceM
post May 13 2020, 01:15 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

OK, it looks like I may have overcomplicated it. In any case, I guess trying to install the wrong version will lead to an error during the install.

Thanks for the input. thumbup.gif

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th July 2020 - 03:54 AM