UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
16 Pages V « < 14 15 16  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Outlook Style Calendar For Access Projects, Access 2003    

zcarloslopes
post Feb 13 2020, 05:55 AM
Post#301

Hi Zigga!

Thanks for sharing your approach.

I am very interested in your concept cause it solves my problem with A2003 compatibility in the monthly view to include a color by appointment.

Peter, it is possible to do this update as Zigga explained "* On days that are particularly congested with events, the event labels will automatically shrink down and arrange into multiple columns over that day."

I would be very excited if it were possible in A2003.

Thanks!

Carlos
Go to the top of the page

Peter Hibbs
post Feb 13 2020, 06:56 AM
Post#302

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Ric,

welcome2UA.gif

WOW, very impressive. As you say, using separate labels and text box controls does make it possible to provide a lot more facilities than using a Continuous type form as I have done. I have seen this technique used before but not done to the extent that you have, for example Colin (Mendip Systems) has posted a screen shot (in post #41 earlier) although I don't think his version is available on this site. Does your Calendar work in A2003 as well as later versions of Access or does it use facilities that are only available in A2007 and later?

Thanks for the modified version using the resizable form option, I must admit that I have never thought to try that before but, as you say, it works very well in Monthly mode. It also works quite well in Daily mode but not so good in Yearly or Weekly modes because of the form layout but could be useful nevertheless.

Peter.

Peter Hibbs
post Feb 13 2020, 07:02 AM
Post#303

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Carlos,

No, I don't think it would be possible to have different colors for each appointment in Monthly mode using the Continuous form technique. If upgrading to A2019 is still not an option (so that you can use Rich Text formatting) then maybe you should consider using separate controls for each date (i.e. 41 Text boxes for the 41 date fields) as described by Ric (Zigga) above.

Sorry I can't be of more help but good luck.

Peter.

Zigga
post Feb 13 2020, 09:01 AM
Post#304

I will have to test it out under Access 2003. Of hand, I would have my doubts, as it applies to Peter's calendar. When applying the "stretchy" code to that design I relied on the the control anchoring feature to resize the multi-tab control, and the subform control when the main form is resized. I don't recall seeing that feature added until version 2010, but I may be wrong. Then again, the resizing of those controls wouldn't have to rely on the built-in Access feature, as that could be handled with the same type of code that resizes each individual date box.

I'm pretty sure that my calendar designs shown in my screenshots would work under 2003 as there are no tab control or subform containers. I'll have to test that as well.

Ric

16 Pages V « < 14 15 16

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th February 2020 - 03:52 PM