UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows 10 Font Scaling, Access 2016    

appro
post Aug 22 2019, 05:10 PM
Post#1

This isn't exactly an "interface design" issue but it effects the interface. smile.gif I'm in the market for a new laptop and many 15.6" machines are now coming with 1920 x 1080 native resolution which makes screen elements....fonts in particular... look pretty small to ageing eyes on a 15.6" screen. I will be using the laptop to demonstrate databases.

The way to make font size more manageable of course is to set Windows 10 scaling to 125%. Are people seeing a lot of issues with 125% scaling for their Access applications? I've experimented a bit by changing the scaling on my desktop monitor to 125%. I'm seeing a few issues at that scaling when running Access apps that I've designed but nothing too major.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on this issue.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Aug 22 2019, 05:14 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. Yes, I remember there being a very long thread about the issue with this setup at MSDN with an offered solution. You might try searching there. If I find the thread again, I'll post a link here.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

isladogs
post Aug 22 2019, 11:52 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Another solution is to use automatic form resizing. See this tutorial on its use with an example and all required code.

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st September 2019 - 12:34 PM