UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Importexportspecifications.add Method (access), Access 2010    

Pavl
post Mar 30 2020, 09:24 AM
Post#21

Thanks for help from you both ...

ADezii ... your stuff has worked for a collection of different objects (tables, queries, forms) so I am very happy with your help ... no need to improve for my sake as "isladogs" is pointing me in a different direction that is also helpful.

And "isladogs" ...could you please clarify ...
However if data is still being added / edited in the original database , you can easily synchronise this data at a later date.
...in particular "synchronise" ...

So I create (manually for each object via the wizard) an import spec and run that in a first 'thin' version. That works as described.
So when I want a newer version I run the same saved import spec from the first 'thin' version ......
What happens to all the objects and indexes already in place from the first import ?

Currently using AccessDependencyChecker and Analyzer by Crystal Long to weed out the rubbish before continuing with this import thing.

So thank you both once again but I think I must now sort out this end before attempting to run !
Best to you both
Paul
Go to the top of the page

isladogs
post Mar 30 2020, 03:19 PM
Post#22

UtterAccess VIP

Synchronising data is done when you need to match the data in one version with another.
For example if you have a developer version and a production version used by clients.

In such cases, a combination of append and update queries (and possibly delete queries) are used to ensure the developer has the latest data from the production version.
I have an extended 2 part article on my website which explains different approaches to manage this: Synchronise Data
There are several approaches. The best approach will depend on the user requirements.

To answer your subsequent questions:
You can import all your database objects at once - no need to do so one at a time.
When you tick the import/export specs option, all saved import/export tasks are imported at the same time. You don't need to repeat the process!
If you do try to repeat the process, you will be warned that some items already exist

Hope that helps

--------------------
Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Website, email
Go to the top of the page

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    31st May 2020 - 06:02 AM