UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Defined List Of Records For Loop, Access 2013    

waitingroomz
post Feb 5 2019, 03:14 PM
Post#1

Good afternoon,

I am wanting to use a cmd button to build a list of records for a printing list and once printed the list is emptied. It is using a list box perhaps. I've seen it here before, but I cannot find it.

Thanks for your time.
Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Feb 5 2019, 03:31 PM
Post#2

So you want to filter a report's recordsource by some list of numbers? if you create a multi-select listbox (extended), then it's easy.

http://www.theaccessweb.com/forms/frm0007.htm

If the values are numeric, you wouldn't wrap the values in a delimiter. If you build something like

IN (1,3,5)

then it's pretty easy.

Could you give us an example of what you mean? Are you getting the values from a table? From a user? ?? If you tell us that, you'll get a much better (and useful) answer.
This post has been edited by MadPiet: Feb 5 2019, 03:48 PM

waitingroomz
post Feb 5 2019, 04:21 PM
Post#3

The values come from Me.ID on a form displaying the record when hitting the cmdAddToPrintList

I don't have the database where I am so I cannot upload atm.

But it would take the ID of the record(s) and grab a Snapshot of said record(s) for a function. Once said function is completed, the 'PrintList' would be emptied.

MadPiet
post Feb 5 2019, 04:36 PM
Post#4

When you get to the database, could you please post the code for the button, cmdAddToPrintList ?

waitingroomz
post Feb 6 2019, 08:08 AM
Post#5

Good morning,

I don't have a code built for the cmdAddToPrintList as I do not know what method to use to retain the information prior to printing.

It may just be include taking a separate table and rs.Clone to the new table with the cmd button and then adding a Do Until EOF function in the Module printing procedure.

To clarify, I'm rather inquiring about what the simplest procedure would be to use behind the cmdAddToPrintList that would allow for the Called sub to loop through with ease.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th June 2019 - 05:43 AM