UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access 2016/office 365/runtime, Access 2016    

djbosch
post Jun 26 2019, 04:59 AM
Post#1

Hello,

My company is moving to a mix of Office 2016 and Office 365. I support many databases, all of my users open their front end with runtime. Does anyone have any experience with Office 365 Access runtime? Does it work the same as the Access 2016 runtime? I just ask because I know the difference is that Office 365 is tied to a specific person. My databases also interface with Outlook, so I'm not sure how that is going to work yet. I'm working on getting a test environment, but the way things go, our IT will probably put upgrades in place before I'm able to obtain a test environment.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jun 26 2019, 05:08 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Never used it myself, but the differences between O2013, O2016, O2019 & O365 are minimal. They're all basically the same. I haven't heard of any issues beyond the normal bugs that impact all versions (like the unrecognized database affecting Win10 PCs). On thing to be cause of however is the fact that installations are defaulting to 64-bit now, so this can cause issues if that isn't what you want.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd August 2019 - 06:14 PM