UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Repackaging Runtime W/sp2 And Config.xml, Access 2010    

AZDev7
post Jan 31 2019, 05:50 PM
Post#1

Greetings !

I am building an installer (Installshield Basic MSI) for the new version of our vertical market app which is built in Access 2010.

I have 2 issues:
1. Since we are deploying the UI as an ACCDE file, I need to also deploy the Access 2010 Runtime SP2.
Without SP2 of the runtime being installed, I get the "The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Access can't find" error.

I've configured my Installshield Project with a PreRequisite that runs AccessRuntime.exe (this is the 32 bit version)

I could create another PreRequisite with SP2 that runs after AccessRuntime.exe, but I think it would be slicker to patch the original runtime with the SP2 updates.
Has anyone done this ?

2. I'd like to use a config.xml file to perform the runtime's "activation" silently and hide everything but the progress bar.
I have found multiple sources on how to create this file and what to put in it to change various behaviors, but nothing about how to repackage the files with config.xml back into the AccessRuntime.exe

Googling these issues hasn't yielded much. I'm hoping someone in this forum has done this and could provide some pointers.

Thank you in advance !
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    2nd April 2020 - 07:34 AM