UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unable To Create Controls In Access 2019, Any Version    

lilwisper
post Sep 3 2019, 02:40 PM
Post#1

Hello all. I am currently unable to create controls in Access 2019. This is occurring for new and old databases. When I try to go into the VB code, I get a "Microsoft Access Failed To Create The Visual Basic Module" error. I have tried to reinstall office several times including using a removal tool. I have also checked the TrustFolder options, and they all seem ok. On a whim I have tried to use Access 2019 using a different user and everything works fine. This leads me to think that my issue is just isolated to the one user. Is there something I am missing to check?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Sep 3 2019, 02:46 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. Welcome to UA! welcome2UA.gif

Sounds you may have already found the cause of the problem. What is so special about the one user with the problem with Access? Is it only with Access or everything else? Sometimes, profiles can get corrupted and you'll have to destroy the old one and create a new one. Just a thought...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 3 2019, 02:48 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

Welcome to UtterAccess.

It's hard to guess what's wrong with this environment and any accdb you create or modify. That error suggests there is still something wrong with the Office installation itself, but what that might be is hard to identify without getting hands on the situation.

I assume that you have activated a valid license for your install of Office?

What kind of "controls" are you trying to create, by the way. You refer to VB code, but the first thought that comes to mind when the term "controls" is used would be forms and reports with things like textboxes. Is that what you mean? If so, you don't create them in VBA. Well, once you get further into developing in Access you might try that, but it's not needed for basic Access work.

Please clarify what you tried to do, and how. Maybe that will help work toward a solution.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

lilwisper
post Sep 4 2019, 10:57 AM
Post#4

Thanks for the welcome. The environment is just the basic install of Office 2019. I say basic because 2019 does not allow you the option of customizing the installation any more, or at least from a normal install. The controls I am trying to make are just the normal standard ones; text boxes, labels, command buttons. None of it is coming in. The VB code button I was referencing was the one on the right end of the ribbon used to go into the VBA editor. In doing some research, one of the suggested fixes was to try to decompile-recompile the database. I know that it was geared towards established databases, but I was hoping it would work for the starter database as well. I even tried doing some updates, seeing as how there was just a recent hiccup caused by the August Microsoft Updates. The fixes didn't work for my case, so I am inclined to believe it is just as theDBguy says, I am dealing with a profile that is messed up. Recreating it would not be too much of a burden, I was just trying to avoid it since I thought it might just be a quick fix. Also, I wouldn't know if this issue might rise up again, so I at least wanted to understand the cause. Thank you for the prompt responses.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th November 2019 - 03:59 AM