UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did The Windows Update Do That?    

MadPiet
post May 14 2020, 01:34 PM
Post#1

Hi,

I have weird things going on with this laptop - basically running out of space... not sure if it's relevant. I've been using Access since forever, and I had a really interesting thing pop up when I was trying to run some VBA...

CODE
Public Sub UnTwistMike(ByVal strTableName As String)
'-- grab the first couple of column names, assign colname to variable, insert into clean table.
    Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim strCheckName As String

Set tdf = CurrentDb.TableDefs(strTableName)
    Debug.Print tdf.Name
'    For i = 0 To tdf.Fields.Count - 1
'        Debug.Print tdf.Fields(i).Name
'    Next i

Set tdf = Nothing
End Sub

When I run it, I get error 3420 - "Object invalid or no longer set." So either I'm doing something REALLY stupid, or my DAO library is screwed up. When I tried to run the code, Access crashed and quit completely - normally I would just get an error in the VBA editor window.

Everything was fine before the stupid Windows stealth Update. After that my computer just went nuts. (like my audio drivers suddenly stopped working)… I guess I just have to buy a bigger HDD and reinstall everything and that will fix it, right?
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post May 14 2020, 02:57 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I've seen a few posts related to Access suddenly crashing/closing?

Have you tried an office repair? Try reverting to another build no?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2020 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

MadPiet
post May 14 2020, 03:22 PM
Post#3

Daniel,

Haven't tried anything yet... was going to install a new SSD drive on this thing, but things are super complicated with the virus stuff. I could just reinstall/repair the install and see what happens. Worth a shot.

Pieter

MadPiet
post May 14 2020, 05:42 PM
Post#4

Interesting.

When I go into Tools > References, DAO 3.6 wasn't checked/loaded. When I checked the box so it would load the library, I get "Error Loading DLL"... Oh Fuuuun...
So can I delete the DAO library and re-run repair?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    3rd July 2020 - 08:51 AM