UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Merging Pdf's, Access 2016    

DanielPineault
post Jul 5 2019, 05:01 AM
Post#21

UtterAccess VIP

For the Merge, you shouldn't need both libraries, only StrStorage should necessary.

LoadLibrary is already present in the mod_ReportToPDF module. So just go into the module, run the LoadLib() function and then perform a merge, it should work.

Or, create your own Merge function that starts and end, like Lebans' functions

CODE
'Load Libraries
blRet = LoadLib()
If blRet = False Then
    ' Cannot find DynaPDF.dll or StrStorage.dll file
    Exit Function
End If

'Perform your merge code goes here

'Unload Libraries
If hLibStrStorage <> 0 Then
    hLibStrStorage = FreeLibrary(hLibStrStorage)
End If

If hLibDynaPDF <> 0 Then
    hLibDynaPDF = FreeLibrary(hLibDynaPDF)
End If

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)
Go to the top of the page

tina t
post Jul 5 2019, 01:15 PM
Post#22

thank you, Daniel, i will try that as well. :) tina

--------------------
"the wheel never stops turning"

JonSmith
post Jul 8 2019, 05:48 AM
Post#23

UtterAccess VIP

For the Merge, you shouldn't need both libraries, only StrStorage should necessary.

I agree, but I wasnt able to load StrStorage without first loading the other library. Dunno why.

LoadLibrary is already present in the mod_ReportToPDF module. So just go into the module, run the LoadLib() function and then perform a merge, it should work.

Ah makes sense. I must have missed that as I was trying to directly use the merge.
In that case Tina, its almost certain that you need to declare the 64 bit API calls. I'll see if I can make them for you. smile.gif

tina t
post Jul 8 2019, 07:16 PM
Post#24

Jon and Daniel, thank you both for all your help. unfortunately, nothing is working for me. i tried, as best i could, everything both of you posted, but no joy. i'm still getting an error msg

Run-time error '48':
File not found: StrStorage.dll

i have the dll files in both the folder where my db is running, and in the Windows:\system32\ folder, so i've no idea why the code is not finding them. and i have no idea if i've made some mistake in messing with the modReportToPDF_Lebans code, or if the problem is this cursed 64-bit Access i'm stuck with, or...

if either/both of you want to stick with this, and want specific details i'm not giving you, pls tell me what you need to know. for now, i need to get back to testing the FE dbs i've converted to A2016 and compiled, over the last week or two. i'm running out of time, only 18 working days left to my deadline, and i'm only getting 2-3 hours a day to do the work. (no, i'm not stressed, why do you ask? <throws clumps of hair on the floor>)
;)

tina

--------------------
"the wheel never stops turning"

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st August 2019 - 03:03 PM