UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V  1 2 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An UtterAccess Original Has Gone    

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 15 2019, 07:58 AM
Post#1

UA Admin

Glenn Lloyd, one of the original members of the UtterAccess family and long one of our more influential administrators, recently passed away.

Glenn’s kind, gentle, professional influence is a big reason UtterAccess enjoys its reputation as an open, supportive community for all Access developers. He’ll be missed in many ways, not the least of which is in those tough administrator discussions about keeping UtterAccess at the top of our game.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Mar 15 2019, 08:12 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

This is a great loss to UtterAccess and the Access community as a whole. He will be sorely missed. May you rest in peace, Glenn.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

cheekybuddha
post Mar 15 2019, 08:19 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Such sad sad news. My sincere condolences to all Glenn's loved ones.

I learnt so much from Glenn - a lot about Access, but probably a whole lot more about how to behave in an online community such as UA.

He had such a genuine desire to help and learn in all his posts and interactions. It's good to know I have learnt from one of the best.

Sad day.

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

Doug Steele
post Mar 15 2019, 08:47 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Always sad when this happens, but in this case, it will impact UtterAccess as well. cryhard.gif

--------------------
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP (2000-2018)
Personal webpage
Microsoft profile
Co-author: Access Solutions: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs, published by Wiley
Co-author: Effective SQL: 61 Specific Ways to Write Better SQL, published by Addison-Wesley Professional
Technical Editor: Access 2010 Bible, Access 2013 Bible, Access 2016 Bible, all published by Wiley
Technical Editor: SQL Queries for Mere Mortals: A Hands-On Guide to Data Manipulation in SQL, 4th Edition, published by Addison-Wesley Professional

orange999
post Mar 15 2019, 08:49 AM
Post#5

A great loss to the Access community generally and UA specifically. Glenn was very helpful, always willing to share and clarify concepts. He will be missed. RIP Glenn.

--------------------
Good luck with your project!

jleach
post Mar 15 2019, 09:41 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess Editor

So very sorry to hear this. Glenn was sort of a "grandfather" to me here at UA, helping me in many things not only Access-related, but also here in the forum moderation and administration.

Rest well, my friend. Until we next meet...

--------------------

River59
post Mar 15 2019, 10:11 AM
Post#7

The loss of another of our contributors is very sad. I can't count the times Glenn helped me with one issue or another. He will be a huge loss to UA and to all of the people who's lives he touched.
Rest well, Glenn. Rest well and know that you will be in the hearts and minds of many.

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...

LeeAnn
post Mar 15 2019, 10:31 AM
Post#8

Sorry to hear. You will be missed Glenn.....

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson

ChiliDog
post Mar 15 2019, 10:38 AM
Post#9

Sorry to read of this. You can tell from his photo that he was a nice person. Prayers to his loved ones.

Larry Larsen
post Mar 15 2019, 11:57 AM
Post#10

UA Editor + Utterly Certified

Hi

This is unbelievable and so heartbreaking news of the passing of Glenn, he was such a gentleman and a dear friend that I never met in real life..

All our heartfelt and prayers go out to close family and friends..

Glenn was so kind and respectful of time he spent here at UA, an absolute rock solid pillar here at UA.

We are going to miss you so much...

Such a sad day.... (15/03/2019) frown.gif

Larry & family....

--------------------
"Time...We have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein"
H. Jackson Brown

LPurvis
post Mar 15 2019, 12:06 PM
Post#11

UtterAccess Editor

This is such deeply sad news.

Of course, Glenn's influence on UtterAccess remains in its very essence. The ethos and intention of it aligns with how he was as a person.
But on a personal level, I'll miss him.
He was an absolute gent, a fundamentally good human being.
He made great posts, was always kind to posters and asked some really great questions too that were really of a rare level. (It'd be cool for us to do that more and think of him when we do.)
Simply put, he made wherever he was... better.

He'll be missed, but his legacy lives on, right here.

Leigh

--------------------

tina t
post Mar 15 2019, 12:10 PM
Post#12

my thoughts and prayers are with Glenn's family and friends, their loss is first and foremost. and then i add the loss to the Access community worldwide; Glenn's absence will be felt by so many, but we can be thankful that his past work with us is not lost or forgotten but will continue to enrich the community in years to come. tina

--------------------
"the wheel never stops turning"

ghubbell
post Mar 15 2019, 02:51 PM
Post#13

UA Administrator

I'm quite at a loss for words here though I must say after reading just some of these replies, I so hope somehow Glenn, Glenn's family and friends will understand just how much he was admired and respected within these walls.

First to note is the brilliant and 'very Glenn like' witty obituary which brought a little smile to my face - as his words so often did. And Leigh has summed up the essence of Glenn and UtterAccess exceptionally well and it's a fact -

"Glenn's influence on UtterAccess remains in its very essence. The ethos and intention of it aligns with how he was as a person."

"He'll be missed, but his legacy lives on, right here."

Glenn's spirit will indeed live on here along with his values, positive attitude and generosity. His Gentleman-like demeanor and his gentle-man like stature remain for all of us to strive to achieve in our lives.

My sympathies to Glenn's family and friends around the world. Glenn we've missed you and always shall.

Gord

freespiritcheris...
post Mar 16 2019, 09:42 AM
Post#14

Just a UA member who loves the legacy of his contribution to UA. I didn't know him .. but when I use this site, I feel part of a like minded collective, I feel included by a supportive admin team.. a place for people like myself who have no idea what they are doing in Access, (my fave prog) to have somewhere to go for help.. a continual consideration of whatever my problem is and a willingness to help and provide a solution, such a wonderful feeling and in my appreciation, I wish to acknowledge his part.

Eternal rest grant unto him O' lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him, may he rest in peace. Amen. †

GlenKruger
post Mar 17 2019, 12:49 PM
Post#15

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

Glenn was as others have said a true gentlemen and a dear friend. I could always PM him and he would know just what to say to make me feel more at ease what ever it was we were discussing, as I am sure many would also agree with. Glenn was never too busy to help someone out with a problem, for this we will miss you dearly my friend.

My thoughts go out to Glenn's family and friends.

--------------------
Human nature, it is a funny thing and the hardest thing to program to prevent.
Glen Kruger KNKConsulting
MS Access MVP 2013-2018| Wrox Techincal Contributor

RJD
post Mar 17 2019, 01:29 PM
Post#16

UtterAccess VIP

Sad news. As all have said before, he will be much missed. He was an essential part of making UA the great place it is, and so his legacy lives on here.

RIP, Glenn.

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

ADezii
post Mar 17 2019, 02:01 PM
Post#17

Never crossed paths with Glenn, but from what I hear he was a class act and will truly be missed. My deepest and sincerest condolences.

PhilS
post Mar 18 2019, 05:11 AM
Post#18

This is very sad news.
I never met Glenn in person nor did I communicate with him outside of UA. Still, I remember several interesting discussions with him here on the site.
I will miss him and his valuable contributions to the Access community.

Rest in peace, Glenn.

--------------------

mike60smart
post Mar 25 2019, 12:10 PM
Post#19

UtterAccess VIP

RIP Will be missed

--------------------
Hope this helps?

Mike

Get happiness out of your work or you may never know what happiness is.

lex
post Mar 28 2019, 04:59 AM
Post#20

This is a sad day for the great team at UtterAccess. God bless him.

2 Pages V  1 2 >

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th June 2019 - 03:02 AM