UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> After Office Update Form Theme Changed, Can't Change Back, Access 2016    

Cryndalae
post May 24 2019, 03:56 PM
Post#1

An utterly bizarre thing happened. After an Office update my Menu form that launches on open has changed it's theme from Integral to Office. I change it back to the desired theme and save, but when I closed and re open the database it has changed back to the Office theme. (Purple and Orange!?) I can't get any other theme to 'stick' as it stubbornly reverts to Office on opening the database.

This database has been in use for a couple of years, no change was made to the database before this began happening. The only clue is the Office update.

Any ideas? I've been searching for a few days without any luck.

Go to the top of the page

June7
post May 24 2019, 05:27 PM
Post#2

Did you Compact & Repair?

Only happens to the one form?

Try rebuilding the form. Copy/paste controls and code to a new form object.

This post has been edited by June7: May 24 2019, 05:27 PM

--------------------
Attach File Manager is below Advanced editor window, click Go Advanced below Quick Reply window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.
DEBUG! DEBUG! DEBUG! http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

Cryndalae
post May 28 2019, 09:08 AM
Post#3

Yes, compact and repair was done. This began happening after the most recent Office 365 update. It seems to relate to 'default' office themes throughout Office 365.

I have a Main Menu form that launches on opening the database. Rather than opening with the theme I set for this form it opens with this crazy purple and orange theme (which it says is the Office theme). If I change the theme in design view for that form to the one I want (Intergral) all the other forms in the database change to that theme. That isn't normal.

I did rebuild the main menu form, but after a shut down and reboot it reverts back to the purple and orange theme (Office theme.)

This is happening for all my users. I use a split database with a front and back end. Users who copy the FE to their desktops are experiencing this issue as well.

So, rebuilt the main menu form and used the Integral Theme
Saved
Closed
Distributed the FE
All users of Office 365 open the database and find it's using the Office Theme.
Changing the Main Menu form back to Integral changes it for all other forms in the database.
Changes don't 'stick' on close

I've been using this database for a year and a half. Never had this issue.

June7
post May 28 2019, 02:27 PM
Post#4

Sorry, no experience with Office365.

--------------------
Attach File Manager is below Advanced editor window, click Go Advanced below Quick Reply window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.
DEBUG! DEBUG! DEBUG! http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th June 2019 - 04:50 PM