UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New York City? How Do I Know Where A Local Aug Is?    

KristaC
post Feb 20 2019, 03:56 PM
Post#1

Hey all,

I know most stuff is done online today, but it would be so helpful to know where the "local" aug's are. I want to get tutored but I can't find anyone in NYC who actually knows what they are talking about. I literally have met with like 10 people and no luck. I'm an idiot with Access and I know more than most of the "tutors" I've met... LOL Being most techies here use more current languages/db's, it's really really really hard to find someone to tutor me.

Does this forum provide a way to attend a local group, or do I have the whole idea wrong??

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

TinnedJiggle
post Jun 12 2019, 09:25 PM
Post#2

I've met a guy who is a expert in Access on Techgara, but he doesn't live in NY, he's living in NJ, bad luck for you frown.gif

FrankRuperto
post Oct 24 2019, 09:23 AM
Post#3

It surprises me that NYC still does not have a local AUG. I am sure there are plenty of Access developers and users in the area. There used to be a local AUG that sometimes held meetings at Microsoft's offices located at 1290 6th Ave., between 51st and 52nd Streets, but that AUG disolved. I tried resurrecting a group when I lived in NYC but no one showed any interest. I ended up moving to Florida in 2016.

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix and Oracle DB's.

orange999
post Oct 24 2019, 10:43 AM
Post#4

KristaC,

There are several Access related videos on youtube, and tutorials and articles on this and other forums.
I realize different people have different format preferences for learning, but the videos can be stopped/replayed etc which I find useful.

--------------------
Good luck with your project!

PatHartman
post Nov 3 2019, 11:19 AM
Post#5

If the meetings don't have to be face to face, someone with a GoToMeeting subscription can probably help you. GTM allows screen sharing and the expert can manipulate your app while you watch if you want.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2019 - 07:47 AM