UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holiday Planner Demo, Access 2003    

Mickjav
post Jan 28 2019, 08:22 AM
Post#81

Hi masa1 sorry but no I won't release it until I am happy all the works have been carried out but with the works left on my project management system it says it should only take up to a couple of weeks depending on how much time I can put to it.
Go to the top of the page

Mickjav
post Jan 28 2019, 04:31 PM
Post#82

Posting this for peter I just created a new Leave type and had to edit the images thanks peter for pointing me in the right direction as me and images don't mix lol

The reason I wanted to add a new type is when I have a day off sick I don't like losing the money, as I get on with my manager he converts the sick day(s) to holidays for me.

Now I have that record you could add a report if needed to see how many days an employee has had off and how many were converted.

Also updated the days left for the new type.
This post has been edited by Mickjav: Jan 28 2019, 04:34 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_01_28__1_.png ( 120.54K )Number of downloads: 27

Mickjav
post Feb 2 2019, 04:27 PM
Post#83

At last all my work on the holiday screen has been completed and had hrs of testing I am happy with it both when half days are allowed and not.

Had a lot of fun trying to get the total days booked for annual leave and the new Converted To Holiday In the end I created a table to hold just those types that are deducted from the holiday allotment This has the advantage of not slowing the system down but somebody will prob find a way around that lol.

I am renaming the db to employee example as I have decided that my current diary needs updating so will build a new one in the example for next version
Added a image of both below
This post has been edited by Mickjav: Feb 2 2019, 04:46 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_02__1_.png ( 101.79K )Number of downloads: 23
Attached File  2019_02_02__2_.png ( 92.18K )Number of downloads: 20

Mickjav
post Feb 4 2019, 04:13 PM
Post#84

All I have left now is the holiday Allotements screen then just a bit of checking and adding comments where needed

this is the requests system I was in two minds how to go about this I.E. Code adding the dates of allowing the user to add the date in the end I went for the simple version which worked much better than I could have hoped.

The first image is of the main screen I'm using as a Nav and preferences screen just for this example.

You will see the last button is the requests button under this if the manager/Admin Has holidays to approve red text will be displayed when the screen opens
plus you can see a list of the current users requests with the status this screen allows the user to edit a request should it show as not approved/needs edit

The second image is of the holiday planner with the request assignments screen these two screens work together the list will display in the same place everytime (Thanks to isladogs For that bit of code)

The screen acts like the find screen but allows you to work with the holiday planner as well you can do multiple seaches the holiday planner will light up the employee for you and move the start date to the first week.

The third image is the request entry screen and yes I cheated I copied the holiday edit and recoded it

I am looking at saturday/sunday to being able to upload this, it will be added to a new topic as there is a lot I wish to to with this

Future Improvments:

The Time in service should allow for part time and full time employees it only allows for full time at present
I intend building a new employees works diary wich will be included with version 2 of the employees example

This post has been edited by Mickjav: Feb 4 2019, 04:28 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_04__2_.png ( 83.05K )Number of downloads: 15
Attached File  2019_02_04__1_.png ( 131.25K )Number of downloads: 18
Attached File  2019_02_04__3_.png ( 77.96K )Number of downloads: 14

Mickjav
post Feb 5 2019, 04:00 PM
Post#85

Uploaded a copy of my Employee Example to a new topic of same name I will cross link as soon as it's approved

Mickjav
post Feb 6 2019, 12:36 PM
Post#86

I have added my demo/example Here:

I did add it here but it's not been enabled so might be I haven't enough posts.

Mickjav
post Feb 9 2019, 03:00 PM
Post#87

It's taken me 15.43 Hrs To get to this point I've allowed 83 hrs for the complete works.

I found using the Colour system from the Gautt chart slowed it down to much as there are 18 fields so Added 20 conditions per field with set colours which I think will be more then enough maybe when I finish it somebody will find a way but for now there are 20 colours.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_09.png ( 97.39K )Number of downloads: 34

Mickjav
post Feb 16 2019, 04:02 PM
Post#88

I've added info for the up and coming update which includes the works Diary Here

Mickjav
post Feb 21 2019, 04:38 PM
Post#89

Added version 2 of the employees System Example Here
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_21__16_.png ( 50.45K )Number of downloads: 9

mrcunknown
post Mar 7 2019, 02:34 PM
Post#90

Hi Peter,

I'm still very happy with this ... the only thing what i can not accomplice is a read only form. If i make a copy from frmHoliday and call it for example frmHolidayReadOnly It does not show the planning. My Idea if the following; I have a login with different levels. level (admin) can make the planning and level (employee) can only look at it and cant make any changes)

I hope you (or anyone else :-) ) can help me with this
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ROOSTER_Planner_V2_Werkbestand__PH_.zip ( 199.28K )Number of downloads: 9

Peter Hibbs
post Mar 8 2019, 07:26 AM
Post#91

UtterAccess VIP

Hi mrcunknown,

OK, this can be done but you have not really provided enough detailed information on how you want this to work so this is just a guide, you will have to work out the exact code you need if this is not quite what you wanted.

There are a few different ways to do this but I think the simplest method is to add a Check box control to the main form which is set to False if limited access is required and True if full access is required. I have added a Check box control called chkAllowEdit to the main form and have left it visible for now so that you can change it manually, if required. When you have the new facilities working OK you should make this control invisible so that your users cannot change it. I have also added some code to the control's After Update event for the same reason but you can remove that code when it is working. I have marked all the additional code with ### so that you can find it easily.

I have also added a new temporary form called frmLogIn so that you can test these facilities more easily and this form now opens at start up. Again, you will need to remove this form and use your own form/s once you have decided what changes you need to the main form/s.

The simplest method, I would suggest, is to open the main calendar form (frmHolidays) from your log in form (or whatever you use) and pass a False or True value to the form in the OpenArgs parameter, False would allow read only access and True would allow full access, the code in the main form's Open event would then set the check box control to True or False and enable/disable any button or controls, as required.

There is some extra code in the sub-form (frmHolidaySub) which disables the mouse button event if the check box is set to False which prevents any new holidays being added to the calendar.

You have not said how you want to handle the various buttons so I have just disabled them if limited access is enabled. This means that the users cannot open the forms to add new employees, import public holidays, print a report, display employee holiday information or display holiday information by clicking on a colored bar on the chart. If you need the users to be able to show those forms but NOT make any changes to them then you will need to use a similar technique that I have described above, that is to pass the value of the Check box to the called form in the OpenArgs parameter and then add code to the individual forms to enable/disable the various controls, as required.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck with the project,

Peter.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ROOSTER_Planner_V2_Werkbestand__2_.zip ( 190.49K )Number of downloads: 21

mrcunknown
post Mar 10 2019, 05:11 AM
Post#92

Cool ... this is what i mean :-) Thnx for youre help! i really appreciate it.

mrcunknown
post Mar 14 2019, 06:19 AM
Post#93

If tryed to find it in the VBA code but can not find it. in the view mode trey is also de Print report button disabled. How can i put this one on true. So people that only have the read function can also print the rooster.

Peter Hibbs
post Mar 14 2019, 11:46 AM
Post#94

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,

To enable the Print button all the time, first change the Enabled property of the button to Yes and then remove this line of code from the Open event of the form frmHolidays :-
CODE
    Me.cmdPrint.Enabled = Me.chkAllowEdit               'enable/disable button ###

HTH

Peter.

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th March 2019 - 04:46 PM