UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Report - Row Color Not Printing And Margin Issues (access 2016), Access 2016    

aquatic101
post Jan 9 2020, 01:29 PM
Post#1

I'm trying to print a report that seems to show up fine in print preview but when I go to print, the row alternating colors don't print but the text that's in color prints just fine.

We recently got a new printer in the office but I'm not sure if that's the issue since other people in my office are able to print the report without any color issues. My workaround is to export as a PDF and print it that way. I've also tested to see if the colors print okay in other MS Office applications and they do.

I'm also having issues with the report margins. As the database administrator, everything shows up and prints fine for me (with the exception of the color issues I'm having), but the margins are showing up differently on my co-worker's computer. For example, I've set the margins to "0.25" on my computer but it shows up as "0.5" for my co-worker. I even tried changing it manually by going to "Page Setup>Print Options" but it won't allow for the edits to save. I've double-checked database settings under "File>Options>Client Options>Printing" and all the margins are set to "0.25".

Any clue why this might be happening?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jan 9 2020, 01:45 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Welcome to UtterAccess! welcome2UA.gif

Dumb question, but do you have the correct driver installed on your machine for the right printer? Just curious...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

aquatic101
post Jan 9 2020, 02:11 PM
Post#3

Yup, I do! I've double checked the driver and even reinstalled in. Still having the same issue frown.gif
This post has been edited by aquatic101: Jan 9 2020, 02:11 PM

aquatic101
post Jan 13 2020, 04:40 PM
Post#4

I reinstalled the driver for the 4th time and now the row color issue is fixed - yay!

I am, however, still having the margin issue. Again, on my computer, the report is fixed at 0.25" margins and my co-workers computer, it defaults to 0.5". The system won't allow us to override the margins to 0.25". Any clue how I may resolve this?

theDBguy
post Jan 13 2020, 04:41 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

Again, the only thing I could think of is to make sure all users have the same version of the printer driver installed on their machines.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

mempie
post Today, 06:52 PM
Post#6

Longshot: does this printer really print within a quarter inch of the edge? I suppose you'd get the "outside printable area" warning, if the printer driver thought it might be a problem. But just for grins, you might try changing from .5" to .4" or .3", rather than .25", and see if it wants to save.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th January 2020 - 10:43 PM