UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tool To See How Design Will Look When Printed    

sugarcane
post Jan 10 2020, 11:44 AM
Post#1

Hello there,

Are there any tools in Photoshop or online that can simulate how a design will look based on the size and more importantly the colour when printed?

Thanks!

--------------------
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
Go to the top of the page

jleach
post Jan 10 2020, 02:55 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Administrator

Hi - I'm not a graphics expert, but I'm not sure there is. The screen colors and print colors are inherently different, and I don't think there's a way to make a screen say "show me the print version" due to natural differences between physical and digital renderings. If you're not familiar with it, you might look at the CMYK color more (instead of the more typical RGB), which is what (I think) you should be using for print work.

As far as size, I would think most graphics and editing programs could preview these for you in terms of layout, but if you're concerned about resolution and pixellation on the print copy, I'd check with your local print shop (or whoever you're having do the work) for their recommendation on resolution. It's been a while since I really looked into it, but as I recall there's lot of factors that go into that, such as target viewing distance, print medium, etc.

While we're on the topic (and because it's the last thing I know of offhand on the topic), be mindful of bleeds and cut margins in the print work.

hth

--------------------
Jack D. Leach
Founder & CEO
Dymeng Services Inc.
Business Software Solutions
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    3rd April 2020 - 03:52 AM