UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Do You Use For Team Collaboration?    

EdNerd
post Feb 13 2020, 05:36 PM
Post#1

The "team" at my church is looking for some kind of team communication / collaboration software. We've only got maybe 15 people who need it, although with certain projects it might bump to 25. We've checked out Basecamp, Slack, Freedcamp, and a couple of others. They all have some decent features, but nothing seems to have that "just right feel". We would be happy for any recommendations.

What's most important to us is:
-- a calendar we can share
-- sharing files back and forth
-- messaging, both single people and groups
-- assigning and tracking tasks
-- a mobile app, so we don't have to constantly log into a web site

A low price is also important. Free is excellent, but most of the free accounts for these apps come with limitations that make it unsatisfactory. But they jump to $5 or more per user per month, and that can get very prohibitive.

If anyone has any suggestions, we would be very grateful.
Ed
Go to the top of the page

penfold098
post Feb 14 2020, 07:52 AM
Post#2

Office 365 offers an app, called Microsoft Teams. It has many of the features you describe. They recently installed it at my company, and it seems to work fine. However, I think it is just an interface for a SharePoint application, so it is not simple install-and-use software. Sorry I am not much more help than that due to my limited experience with it.

HTH
This post has been edited by penfold098: Feb 14 2020, 07:54 AM

PhilS
post Feb 15 2020, 06:17 AM
Post#3

I would also recommend to check out Microsoft Teams.
The basic app is actually free. However, some of the requirements listed in the question indeed require Office 365/Sharepoint integration. The Office 365 Business Essentials plan is $5 per month and user. You can probably just purchase Office 365 licenses for "power users" and add the others on the free plan with limited functionality. - You should check if and how that works.

--------------------
A professional Access developer tool: Find and Replace for Access and VBA

nvogel
post Mar 15 2020, 05:31 PM
Post#4

You could consider Slack (slack.com) which is free for the basic set of features including messaging and Outlook calendar integration.

Gran7
post Apr 3 2020, 05:34 AM
Post#5

My team use Slack. The app is excellent. I use it to discuss some of our projects about this real estate for sale in Alicante Spain.The set of tools and options is good. Slack gets many details right.

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 3 2020, 07:47 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

I've used Slack and Discord on small projects, but not for an extended time. Both seemed to be very workable, but we didn't really push them.

I've recently been trying to get up to speed with MS Teams, for a couple of reasons. For whatever reason, MS seems to prefer obscurity in explaining their offerings, and that goes for Teams. smirk.gif

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th May 2020 - 09:19 AM