UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access 365 - Form Crashes Access On Single Workstation., Access 2016    

amcintosh
post Sep 25 2019, 08:33 AM
Post#1

Got a weird issue with my access i'm wondering if somebody may have encountered this before

My computer, and only my computer that Running Access 365 ver 1908, seems to hangs on opening up a certain form, which opened up in the past just fine
This happens before and after i had wiped my computer (non-related reasons)

Other computers, some running the same version of Access, and one running Access 2013 have no problems with it (form opens and works as intended)

The Form that I'm opening basically contains Navigation pages to sub forms with 5 datasheet, which essentially only reference 3 tables that is hosted on a SQL Server 2012.
I had recreated the ODBC connection using SQL Native Client 11 and opened up the linked tables within access that seems to be fine.
Try de-compiling and compacting the database to no success

any ideas? got me stumpted
Go to the top of the page

Jeff B.
post Sep 25 2019, 08:55 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Although it (sounds like it) is working on other machines, have you also looked into deleting and recreating that particular form?

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 25 2019, 10:03 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

We can't see the code or other objects, so we'll need to ask some clarifying questions.

When you say "hangs on opening up a certain form", does that mean nothing happens but the spinning circle of patience? Or that an error is raised?

One possibility is that there are library references in this accdb which are not available on this computer. Have you checked that?

Attached File  ReferencesA365.PNG ( 18.1K )Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

amcintosh
post Sep 26 2019, 06:29 PM
Post#4

Thanks

Was hoping I didn't have to rebuild the form in question, but looks like I may have to

I had a look at the VBA references, although I have only deployed the standard references such as...
  • Visual Basic for Application
  • Microsoft Access 16.0 Object Library
  • OLE Automation
  • Microsoft Office 16.0 Access database engine Object library

amcintosh
post Sep 26 2019, 06:32 PM
Post#5

When you say "hangs on opening up a certain form", does that mean nothing happens but the spinning circle of patience? Or that an error is raised?

No error, spinning of circle of patience, occasionally it appears to have loaded but when click on something it just hangs.
Normally I have to kill Access process to exit.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd October 2019 - 08:51 AM